Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » dma8PLUS software

Author Topic: dma8PLUS software
Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2010 07:26 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has it could you please send in the dma8PLUS setup software so brad can post itin the manuals section? (and could you send it to me too because I need it asap!) Thanks [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2010 11:41 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody has this that they can email me the software or knows where I can download it?

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-23-2011 04:24 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 402 days since the last post.

Jason Caruana
Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2011 04:24 AM      Profile for Jason Caruana   Email Jason Caruana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys
I am chasing a copy of DMA8 Plus Setup software.
Can you advise if there is link anyware to down Load.

Thanks
Jason

Bajsic Bojan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2011 05:33 AM      Profile for Bajsic Bojan   Email Bajsic Bojan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also looking for this. Why does it not come with the unit is beyond me. And it is not available to download anywhere.

Is this part of some Dolby scheme and the setup software which is needed for installation is not available but must be bought aditionally? If so, where is the pricing? What am i supposed to do with a unit i cannot configure?

thanks

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-31-2011 06:46 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks to be available for download from http://www.dolbysecure.com/

Yes, you have to register. Yes, this is annoying. But the software is there.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2011 08:08 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone just register for their secure site? When I registered I had to enter the date and place that I took their training course. I knew the place, but had to find my certificate to get the date.

Rick

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-31-2011 08:41 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they let me register and I've never taken a training class and I am not a professional cinema technician. I think I might have had to enter the serial number of a Dolby product that I own or something like that.

Elia Orselli
Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2011 12:51 PM      Profile for Elia Orselli   Author's Homepage   Email Elia Orselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you're registered as a Dolby licensee, not as a Cinema technician.
Unfortunately here in Italy it's not easy to get an account: Dolby doesn't give training courses here!

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 11-13-2012 10:38 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 373 days since the last post.

Steven Sim
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2012 10:38 AM      Profile for Steven Sim   Email Steven Sim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem - a Dolby DMA8plus but no setup software. I tried registering with the Dolby Cinema Tech Support website but it's been a couple of weeks and they have not replied (probably because I don't have a cinema technician background and have not been on any Dolby training courses).

Can someone tell me FOR CERTAIN that the software is available on Dolby's support website? I've got a DMA8plus unit that I am looking to sell, and probably whoever buys it will have the status to get into Dolby's closely guarded extranet portal. But I'd like to tell any potential buyer that the software IS definitely on the support website. Or better still, is there some kind person who can access Dolby's website and send me a copy?

I've got a pdf of the DMA8plus manual which I can contribute to the manuals section here, if you can tell me who/where to send it to.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-13-2012 12:47 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The software is definitely there.

Steven Sim
Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2012 08:50 PM      Profile for Steven Sim   Email Steven Sim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Steve for confirming this.

Reed G. Hinton
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2013 07:45 PM      Profile for Reed G. Hinton   Email Reed G. Hinton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, I also need the DMA8 Plus software. Has anyone located a copy? Thank you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: