Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DA20 interface diagrams

Author Topic: DA20 interface diagrams
Tom Wienholt
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2010 04:12 PM      Profile for Tom Wienholt   Email Tom Wienholt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in need of diagrams to interface a DA20 to a cp55 and cp65. The manual on film-tech omits these "fold out" diagrams and I cannot find them on any other website. Any help would be great. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2010 04:37 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's quite simple, I don't see why you can't read that from manuals here. Well, in fact you have output of DA20 going to external input to CP55/65, how to make DIY cable and pin's you can see on manuals where pin designation is. Now you need to connect automation, so when digital jumps in that processor activate external input, and when digital falls out that processor switch back to optical, on 65 is easy, just connect CTRL2 line of DA20 J6 connector to automation connector on 65 where SR is, and CRTL4 of DA20 automation to CP65 automation line where AUX control is. On CP55 is little different depending cards you use and depending do you use SRA5, but all modification is on DA20 manual, right before aligment procedure.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-17-2010 05:40 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, for the CP-65 the automation interface is simply a 25-pin computer cable linked between the CP-65 and DA-20. I use a block that has 2 male and 2 female 25p connectors on it so I can tie in existing automation as well.

I have one of the audio cables for the CP-65 left. PM me for info on that and the automation interface cable and block.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: