Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Connecting Kinoton ST500-E platter to one projector

Author Topic: Connecting Kinoton ST500-E platter to one projector
Paer Hoegberg
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2010 03:53 AM      Profile for Paer Hoegberg   Email Paer Hoegberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend a digital projector was installed i one of our screens.

I the booth there is a Kinoton ST500-E platter connected to the 2 projectors.

My question is - is it possible to use all 5 platters to the same projector (with a switch).

The projector is a FP30E.

/Pär

Ops: Wrong forum . can someone move it?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-31-2010 02:04 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have one customer doing just that. He is here on F-T every so often and to be honest I don't remember exactly how we did it but yes, it will work. Sorry that didn't help any more than to just say yes!

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-31-2010 05:24 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You just need a means to send the "Run" command to the "other" pair of decks. Since with Kinoton only one payout unit is installed at the same time, you could parallel the run wires between the top and bottom pair...thus whichever deck the payout is plugged into, the deck spins.

You then need to create the roller path to get to either set.

-

The picture above is an ST400E but the principle is the same. Note, we use the "red" rollers for the payout. So the upper decks (gray rollers) feed to the red payout rollers. The return path was set up so it could feed to either gray or red so any deck may be used. The system works perfectly (and has done so for years).

Since the ST500E can be ordered as a single-projector system...there is a "factory" way. You might try contacting Kinoton as well.

Steve

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 11-01-2010 06:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beleive we may have used a relay to do that... Lots of service calls ago!

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: