Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Which is the best RTA? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Which is the best RTA?
V.V.Tushit Vijay
Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2010 11:07 AM      Profile for V.V.Tushit Vijay   Email V.V.Tushit Vijay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everybody,
i wish to share some details rearding RTA . I please to share all my friends . who prefer the best RTA to assist the theater.

I found Some of these . Try to order the RTA list given below which is the best one .

1. Abacus ARTA80
2. IVIE 35
3. Goldline DSP30 with TEF04
4. THX R2
5. THX D2
6. Audio control
7. Pc TRUERTA
8. Eaw smaart live
9. IVIE 33
10.Goldline DSP30 with MMP10

Regards,
V.V.Tusith

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-21-2010 11:11 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is like asking which is the best shoe. Way too subjective on many counts.

There are some reasons why some are better than others but then there are features that some may find more desirable than others.

Part of what makes the R2 and D2 so special is that their microphones are specifically calibrated so that all four are always flat (presuming one has them recalibrated annually. Either are also REQUIRED for handling THX rooms...something that may not be essential to everyone or even most people.

-Steve

V.V.Tushit Vijay
Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2010 11:19 AM      Profile for V.V.Tushit Vijay   Email V.V.Tushit Vijay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve, I need to get the list of the RTA which is the best to use . Actually i required about ivie and abacus .

Some what interestd with analyzer to make the theaters good quality.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-21-2010 11:41 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The D2 and New Balance are my choices.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-21-2010 12:49 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the New Balance. I've used them for years with great, reliable results. And when the EQ starts sounding bad in a certain channel, you can just lob one at the speaker and it will make you feel better.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-21-2010 03:39 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is new balance have not heard of it

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2010 05:44 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon,

The are running shoes.

That's why you can "lob one at the speaker".

KEN

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-21-2010 06:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no, no, no...they make excellent walking shoes too!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 05:18 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Abacus. And you can easily look at L-R on analog. Impossible with most of the rest.

(If you don't know why this is important, ASK.) Louis

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-22-2010 06:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis,

The D2 will let you see X-Y and RTA at the same time too. It really is THE a-chain tool. I still have my Abacus scope attachment too but the D2 finally has come up with a suitable alternative and a good sub for an O'scope for analog.

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2010 11:06 AM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Louis Bornwasser
And you can easily look at L-R on analog.
I'm curious.

By the way. Here's my RTA review

Audio control - Everybody wants one - I HATED it (garbage)
Goldline - small, lightweight, pretty simple
R2 - excellent
D2 - wish I had one

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2010 01:06 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, with the Arta80 you can flip between Lt and Rt with one button so you can check focus is even (unless it's a Cinemecannica Vic 5 where the channels never focus in the same place.) Same goes for slit loss adjustment.

However I suspect Louis is referring to the 'SUM' and 'DIFFERENCE' modes, which make setting phase (azimuth) really quick and easy.

The Arta80 also has a dedicated mode for displaying Cat566 slit illumination uniformity test film.

I do like the Arta80 but it is getting long in the tooth now, support from Phil Plunkett is excellent, however last time we spoke he said some parts were becoming hard to source.

One sold on Ebay UK earlier this year for under £100! I was bidding but on a 3G connection which chose that moment to crap out.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 12-22-2010 02:39 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hated my Audio Control, too [puke]

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-22-2010 06:23 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ABACUS analyzer that I was referring to was the ARTA-600. The best RTA ever made...especially for cinemas. A copy of the manual is in the manuals section, on line. Doing an A-Chain with one is a breeze. Again, it wasn't until the D2 that its functionality was matched.

-Steve

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-22-2010 06:24 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my issue witht the audio control was the overall ballistics of the display

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: