Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » MAXI-12 Diodes?

Author Topic: MAXI-12 Diodes?
David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2010 11:28 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyplace that might still sell programming diodes for the Xetron MAXI-12 automation controller?

I need to add some additional functions to a couple of pulse lines and have no extra diodes. I'm guessing that the pack that came with the unit was long ago lost or taken elsewhere, as there are only about 7 diodes in use on the board.

I've scrounged around on the "interwebs" and haven't run across them.

-David

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2010 11:34 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few I can send ya. How many do you need?

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-24-2010 06:23 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Xetron orNeumade? Most dealers could source this. Louis

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2010 11:38 AM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeremy, I sent you the info via PM. Thanks for the offer.

quote: Louis B.
Try Xetron orNeumade?
If I'm not mistaken, aren't both of these out of business? Or, at least, out of the theatrical business?

Though, as I think about it, if worse comes to worse, I could determine the characteristics of an existing diode and just buy something to match. There's a chance a TO diode might actually work "out of the box". Or, I could manipulate the leads of an axial DO-style diode.

I'll have to ponder that.

David

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-24-2010 11:53 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both are very much still with us. Louis

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 12-24-2010 01:01 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC you can use 1N914 or 1N1001 diodes in those automations...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-24-2010 01:13 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Louis Bornwasser
Both are very much still with us.
LOL. Just try getting stuff from them. The cinema industry is no longer Neumade's focus.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-24-2010 01:29 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neumade is alive, for sure. It is also true that their focus is NOT the movie industry anymore. After all, most of what they made/make for the movie industry is no longer being purchased or if they are, not in any great quantities that one could survive in this business. The cabinets are still very much available...however, just like with LaVezzi, be prepared to give a long lead time and suitable payment for a "special order." Cinema equipment is no longer to be stocked.

Please also note, Big Sky often has parts for Neumade/Xetron equipment as much of it was nearly identical. This is true of the automations, as well.

-Steve

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: