Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » XD10 hang

Author Topic: XD10 hang
Ram Sup
Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2011 01:52 PM      Profile for Ram Sup   Email Ram Sup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi..i've problem's with my XD10 DTS player. When i power up it shows "innializing" and stay there. i've try rebooting but dosen't work...any sugestions guy..?

|  IP: Logged

V.V.Tushit Vijay
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2011 09:40 AM      Profile for V.V.Tushit Vijay   Email V.V.Tushit Vijay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mr Ram,
Nothing big problem it is. Just use an updater disc it will solve u r problem. just try it now it is V.2 running. ask DATASAT they will help you. Simple processor to setup.

they will provide both save setting disc and software disc. with an usb doggle.

Simple use save setting disc to save the content in the player. dont forget it to do this process.

And use a Software Disc to complete the process. it will take around 45min to complete the process.

Before this check the Battery in the Mother board of the player.

This will help you to solve this problem.

Regards,
V.V.Tusith Vijay.

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2011 11:30 AM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send it in for repair. Possibly a hard drive crash which has happened to me countless times. I have a dead one right now doing exactly the same thing.

David Despain
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2011 11:50 AM      Profile for David Despain   Email David Despain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had two here with the same problem. The start up dicsc does not work if it is stuck on that screen. They have to be sent in.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-08-2011 05:32 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. We had the same problem with ours. Send it in.

V.V.Tushit Vijay
Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2011 11:58 PM      Profile for V.V.Tushit Vijay   Email V.V.Tushit Vijay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello ,
If the hard disc crash just send the player to Datasat. Try putting a Save setting disc. if the process started . copy the settings and try to change the hard disc if you guys have a dought on it. and make a new hard disc to boot and complete the other process what i said before.

regards,
V.V.Tusith

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-09-2011 10:02 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it the DTS XD10 software/firmware is written to the internal hard disc. Am I correct?

I guess there's no simple way for someone to remove the bad hard disc out of a XD10 and install a replacement. This reminds me of the Dish Network ViP722 receiver I had to replace due to a hard disc failure. I couldn't just drop in a new, identical hard disc either. Had to get a replacement receiver/DVR (luckily it hardly cost me anything).

More of these kinds of devices using hard discs should be designed in the way how Sony designed the Playstation 3. The PS3 uses a standard SATA notebook hard drive. If the HDD fails it's easy to remove it and install a new one. The PS3 will automatically format the new drive and install the PS3 system software on it. You can even back up the system software from the old hard disc to a USB flash drive and restore it on the new hard drive. If you bought downloadable games from the Playstation Store, the store will let you download/install them all again for free and even do all the download/installs in one shot. I did that after my first PS3 was stolen, once I transferred my account to a newer "slim" model.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-09-2011 11:37 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried cloning the disk from a good XD10 to a new disk using a desktop computer and "dd" or a similiar utility? As long as the new disk is the same size (preferably with the same geometry) or larger and otherwise meets spec, it should work, if the problem is indeed with a bad disk.

I have done this with other devices that require a particular disk format (most notably, certain HP multifunction printer/fax machines, which use laptop-size hard disks, and for which the official HP replacement part is stupidly expensive).

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-09-2011 12:00 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess success in cloning the failing DTS XD10 hard disc would depend on the cloning utility read the disc format. If it's written in something common (FAT32, NTFS, etc) it might work. But then some devices have their own proprietary flavor of disc formatting (like my Dish Network DVR). In that case the cloning tool would have to do some sort of binary-based clone for it to work.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-09-2011 12:34 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dd will do a bit-for-bit copy, so the filesystem doesn't matter. It does not do any sort of error checking or correction, so it would not likely be effective for cloning a failing disk. I was thinking more along the lines of a multiplex with several DTS units, one of which had a bad disk. A good disk could be cloned and then the clone could be used to replace the bad one.

Ram Sup
Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2011 01:28 PM      Profile for Ram Sup   Email Ram Sup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI..guys...
Where can i get the save setting disc and software disc. with an usb doggle.. How do i clone the hardisk and where can i buy a spare HD for XD10 besides DATASAT.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 02-09-2011 09:47 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: V.V.Tushit Vijay
ask DATASAT they will help you. Simple processor to setup.

they will provide both save setting disc and software disc. with an usb doggle

When he said "they" he means datasat. You ask them and they'll provide you the discs and a usb dongle (or at least the software for you to throw on your own dongle).

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2011 11:17 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Has anyone tried cloning the disk from a good XD10 to a new disk using a desktop computer
I have been very curious about this and I will be trying it soon.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: