Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Lost my booth technician

Author Topic: Lost my booth technician
Paul Routhieaux
Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2011 07:25 PM      Profile for Paul Routhieaux   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Routhieaux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I have been lurking on this board for a while now. I have picked up some great tips along the way. Especially the platter motor rebuild instructions and all of the downloadable manuals; thanks for saving me a ton of cash and time.

I have a small sub-run theater in Central Wisconsin (going on our 14th year). We run a Simplex XL with a Strong lighthouse. I have kept it running thanks to this board, left behind documentation, and a bit of good luck. After 6 years of working with Jeff Hook from JGH Technologies, he has disappeared. His web site is still up, his phone still accepts messages, and his email acct is still active. He just refuses to get back to me. I am not sure why. I always paid my bills on time and have given him/them plenty of business along the way. I thought we had a great working relationship but obviously he is giving me the shove.

My question is this.... Does anybody know a good technician that will service the north/central Wisconsin area? I am having a few minor projector issues and I want to upgrade our sound system this Summer. Please advise and thanks again for all of your help over the years.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2011 10:27 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could try Strong Technical Services. I would imagine they have a tech in that area. They provide both demand and very reasonable contract service (includes multiple yearly preventative maintanence calls and emergency service) they have good techs and have access to parts from any manufacturer. (800) 722-4445 Ask for Bud Shepard and let him know I referred you.

Paul Routhieaux
Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2011 08:08 AM      Profile for Paul Routhieaux   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Routhieaux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank Sean. I will give them a call.
quote: Sean McKinnon was the last to post

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-25-2011 08:15 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffery is still active; I do not understand this. Louis

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2011 09:54 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am with Louis on this one. Spoke with Jeff just the other day.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 02-25-2011 11:34 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be good for you guys to say what number you reached him at. Could be there's an old number that somehow is still taking voicemail.

Paul Routhieaux
Film Handler

- posted 02-25-2011 11:42 PM      Profile for Paul Routhieaux   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Routhieaux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The day I posted this I also sent a third attempt at emailing Jeff; this time to the email I always used and also another one I found at his web site. The day after my initial post, and two months after my first phone calls and emails; I finally got a reply from him. I guess he is no longer "lost". Thank you to everyone who replied and to those of you who passed notice of my need to others.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: