Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS 6D- Timing Cue Question

Author Topic: DTS 6D- Timing Cue Question
Bill Duelly
Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2012 03:06 PM      Profile for Bill Duelly   Email Bill Duelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully someone here has an answer to this:

I have a DTS 6D connected to a Sony SDDS 3000 unit. It seems to me that there is a bit of time.. maybe 5 seconds after the DTS locks onto a signal until it sends the pulse to the processor to kick over to DTS. Can this time period be adjusted? Would that effect its ability to 'ride out' the rough patches when it loses sync from the projector?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 02-03-2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if I do remember correctly that is an SDDS feature. The processor will not switch to the format before a certain amount of time. Hence, if your DTS/DD drops for half a second, the SDDS will stay in analog for a few seconds even though the external digital adaptor is back online.
I was told - not sure whether this is true or not - that you can also setup an SDDS processor the "old way", just obeying external adaptors cues. But someone more skilled than me could possibly kick in and help!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: