Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kinoton FP40 turret problem

Author Topic: Kinoton FP40 turret problem
Matthew Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-02-2012 04:35 PM      Profile for Matthew Taylor   Email Matthew Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been converting an FP40 head to run independently of the console. I've got it all working now apart from a strange problem with the turret. It turns fine when I set it to scope, but when I press a button to return it to 1:85, as soon as the metal position locator passes into the sensor range, the turret reverses direction and leaves the lens in the wrong position.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Wood
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2012 02:39 PM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Matthew,

I also have a FP40 which I am hoping to convert to portable use. I only got around to testing it out the other day and after getting ac into it the machine didn't run. I'm assuming the inverter board is inhibited as I get a green flashing led . How did u get urs running ? I know that term 28 on the board needs a voltage to enable the inverter- is this sounding familiar?! Any help greatly received. Jon

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 12-30-2012 11:00 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a long time, but... if I recall correctly:
The electronic turret is, like most newish Kinoton stuff, insanely complicated. You need a laptop, special program, and special interface adapter to calibrate or adjust it.
I have the manuals somewhere if that would help. Kinoton will not release these for general distribution.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: