Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Visit to Kaisville Theatre (Kaisville, UT)

Author Topic: Visit to Kaisville Theatre (Kaisville, UT)
Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2013 08:48 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings:

Just got back from vacation in Utah. Stumbled on the nicest little theatre in the town of Kaisville. The Kaisville 3 is a $2.00/$3.00 discount house. The theatre is in excellent condition with new draperies, seats, digitial projection, digital sound. One house has 250-300 seats, the other two 132. The theatre was PACKED FULL Saturday night. Went back on Monday and it was still very busy, even at the 9:00 shows. Their audience appeared to be very good natured and well behaved. Glad to see that the community supports the theatre so well. BTW, I saw Life of Pi (2d) and Safe Haven. Look foward to going back to this nice lttle gem of a theatre. (Pictures on cinematour and cinematreasures websites)

On a side note, I notied that Cinemark has 3 fairly large $1.50 multi-plexes in and around Salt Lake City. Did not get a chance to visit them.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-28-2013 02:11 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure it's not "Kaysville", right next and north of Layton, with the two communities being north of Ogden.

Kaysville 3plex

Familar with that location .. nice place on Main St in Kaysville.

Layton has the only AMC location (used to be a Cineplex Odeon location and right behind Cinemark's Tinseltown 7plex when AMC soaked up the old CO locations and closed practically every one of them, but kept Kaysville open) in the state.

Cinemark has the Gateway 8 plex - a discount plex - in Bountiful, UT, north of SLC. You can see that location heading northbound and on your right on the "I-15 Corridor" before heading to Farmington and LAGOON. The Gateway 8 used to be an independent owned location and an armpit at that .. had XETRON consoles with Century SA's hanging on the front using SMART Mod 5 processors with SMART amplifiers.

Cinemark went through that plex and did a total remodel to make it more appealing. Plex had an island snakbar in the middle of the lobby

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2013 11:42 AM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Monte:

Good catch...correct spelling is indeed "Kaysville". I would correct the original posting but time limit for editing has passed. Strange as it was only posted yesterday.

Mike

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-28-2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The time for editing is ridiculously short, something like 20 minutes.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 04-28-2013 03:51 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do not think there should be a limit to editing time. There is no limit on Facebook and I have done it many times on topics long after I had Posted it.

-Claude

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-28-2013 05:49 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember when there was no lockout on editing here, but when a note was edited, it was disclosed at the bottom of the post of the date and time of the edit procedure had taken place.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2013 06:53 AM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Guess? The edited post does not move to the most recent post in order. Therefore, you could add something valuable and it would not be noticed in the original post. Unless you are reading all of the items posted, the added information would go unnoticed.

Simple answer: make another post with the correction and it will be first in line to be read.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: