Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Slapsticon

Author Topic: Slapsticon
Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 05-10-2013 02:24 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody ever done this show?

Link to the Slapsticon.org website.

We're doing it this summer. I know it's going to be an "action-packed" couple of days for me. But if any of you have "stories," now would be a good time to tell 'em. I'd certainly appreciate them.

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-10-2013 02:50 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever anybody says, "It ain't a fit might out for man or beast," you have to throw fake snow in his face! [evil]

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 05-10-2013 03:35 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

#whatdoesthismean

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2013 05:10 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: fake snow in the face

Fatal Glass of Beer

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-10-2013 06:09 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole movie is nothing but one big sendup. Everything from the crappy rear projection to the full-feathered Indians. The "Ain't a fit night out..." catchphrase was even used in another movie.

Jack Theakston
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2013 10:16 AM      Profile for Jack Theakston   Email Jack Theakston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll find it an easy show to do. The people who run it know what they're talking about and are film people, not the usual oblivious festival organizers who think "video" is synonymous with "film."

My guess is that the toughest thing you'll have to deal with is getting ready for variable speed. If you have that licked, you're set.

PS. I put on a similar show at my own theater, with a broader scope (http://www.romecapitol.com/capitolfest.html). The late Bob Throop used to project, as well as Bob Hodge, who continues to do so. This year, we'll be switching between three different aspect ratios, variable speeds (including 21 1/3 fps sound for the De Forrest Phonofilms we're running), all in carbon arc illumination.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: