Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Buzz and Bill DTS Disc (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Buzz and Bill DTS Disc
Tom Ostertag
Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2016 08:51 PM      Profile for Tom Ostertag   Email Tom Ostertag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

I'm looking for a disc image (ISO, DMG, or anything really) of the Buzz and Bill DTS disc.

The RP-200 version is of course preferable, but I'm honestly not sure about what's wrong with the older versions, so any insight on that would be nice too.

Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-24-2016 04:14 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RP200 set the standard on subwoofer level. If you play a pre-RP200 on a RP200 calibrated system your LFE level will be wrong.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-24-2016 11:19 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, did you check the warehouse here? I seem to recall it was posted on here... (Nope, it isn't here..but a lot of other useful DTS discs are, look under "Software"...)

I have a disc with my test films, but they are buried in storage...I will try to get to them soon and see if I can burn a copy to send to you.

Tom Ostertag
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2016 12:18 PM      Profile for Tom Ostertag   Email Tom Ostertag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that makes sense Marco. Thanks!

And thanks Tony! I did check the warehouse, which is where I found the useful DS3 setup disc. I found a print of Buzz and Bill recently though, with no luck in finding the disc so far.

If you have the ability to make a disc image file and send it to me electronically, that might be faster and easier. Whatever works best for you.

edit: Since there doesn't seem to be anything special about these discs format wise, maybe even just the files themselves copied from the disc will work.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-25-2016 07:44 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
XD10's had the bill and buzz file embedded in the player, maybe the files can be found by hacking into the unit!

Tony,
I'd be great if you could share that antique when you find it!

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-25-2016 04:09 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Tom and Marco, I found the disc (it is the RP200 version) and was able to copy the two disc folders..I will send them to you by email, please try them and let me know if they work. I am also gonna CC Brad on this to see if he can add this to the warehouse....

If it doesn't work let me know and I can try to get the ISO image to send out...(never did it before so not sure how to do it..)

EDIT: This may take a while, having trouble getting the files down to size for stupid hotmail to send them...I may try my gmail account..stand by..

Sending via my gmail with turbo in the name, use the google link for the audio and the dts exe should be a direct attachment.

Tom Ostertag
Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Tom Ostertag   Email Tom Ostertag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing here yet.

Thanks for doing this! I'm on the lookout for the email.

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send me an email and I will create an ISO for you and send it via WeTransfer.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-26-2016 10:51 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, check your PM box on here, I sent you the email addy that I used.

Marco, did you get the email as well?

I sent a copy of the email to Brad as well..

If what I sent doesn't work, let me know and I'll see about burning hard copies for you.

quote: Blaine Young
Send me an email and I will create an ISO for you and send it via WeTransfer.
Thanks. I cannot get the DTS exe part to send by email (it gets blocked) so not sure what good it would do. Do you know of a (hopefully) free software I can download to make ISO images from a disc?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-27-2016 01:33 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tony
I'll check my email.
To send files over email, zip everything and use wetransfer or similar. Much easier. [Smile]

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2016 10:32 AM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ImgBurn is free. I use it religiously.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 04-27-2016 10:41 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marco Giustini
To send files over email, zip everything and use wetransfer or similar. Much easier.
Marco, gmail (and hotmail) block sending of any files (zipped or not) that have exe extensions. Does the "wetransfer" somehow get around that?

quote: Blaine Young
ImgBurn is free. I use it religiously.
Thanks Blaine, I'll look into that. [thumbsup]

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 04-27-2016 04:43 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, just tried, you're right.

Yes, wetransfer will upload anything. Email is limited anyway to a few MBs, you don't want to upload such big files via email.

But you should really make an ISO first. It's very easy, there are several ways of doing that. Never used imgburn but I guess it's another very easy app you can use.

Basically you select the disk and the software creates a 1:1 big file (ISO o IMG) which can be then be burnt on a disk. It can also be opened and played - if possible - on a computer.

If you need help let us know.

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2016 06:47 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I typically zip the two .ISO discs together and then upload them as a single file to WeTransfer. You will get some marginal compression out of the data.

Tom Ostertag
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2016 11:44 PM      Profile for Tom Ostertag   Email Tom Ostertag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I just tried out the disc image you sent over via Google Drive, and it worked like a charm! It ran in my DTS 6D with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you so much! It's a very fun test film indeed. Sounds great!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: