Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Simplex Motor

Author Topic: Simplex Motor
Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 03:57 AM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I have a Simplex 35 with a motor made by Bodine motors.

Unfortunately it is missing it's Start & Run capacitiors. Does anyone have any information on the value of these capacitors and a wiring diagram?

Thanks for your help.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 06:32 AM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Look on the nameplate you show in the picture.

The 7th line it has Capacitor values S for start and R for run.

KEN

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 08:50 AM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes!

Thanks for that.

Just need the wiring diagram now, all cables have been cut, luckily they are still long enough to reconnect.

Thanks again.

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 11:41 AM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Further to my last post, for info I have the following cables...

One side of the motor has Blue, Blue Yellow, Black, Black Yellow.

The other side has Blue, Blue, White, Yellow

Thanks

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-19-2016 01:21 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diagrams here:

LINKY

OOPS... looks like Bodine is following Sony's example of poor product support..the diagram for that motor is no longer listed. (Actually ALL of the data for that motor is no longer listed...)

I had some years ago downloaded the diagram that included that motor...I'll try to find it or another source of the info.

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 02:42 PM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Bodine and all I got was 'we stopped making that motor a long time ago'. They have given me another email but haven't had a reply from that.

From a listing on Ebay, you can tell that the yellow and one of the blue wires go to the capacitor mounted on top of the motor, if anyone knows if that is the running or start capacitor it could help!

Thanks

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-19-2016 03:34 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bell Theatre Services, London may have a sample to look at.

Steve Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2016 06:08 PM      Profile for Steve Roberts   Email Steve Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve. Today I am going to clear out an old collectors equipment store. I think there is one of those motors there with it's capacitors. If it is there and you still need a motor you can have it.
Steve

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2016 08:24 AM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Thanks Steve, let me know what you find.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: