Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS breakout boards

Author Topic: DTS breakout boards
Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 04:34 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I am planning for two 35mm audio installs at the moment, I was thinking about what breakout/adaptor-boards I need.

Is it possible that the schematics of all DTS-breakout-boards are unpublished? I have only come across some kind of PCBs with no traces on them in the processor manuals.

Can anyone help me with schematics and/or PCBs of these boards?
And if not: Some high-res photos also would really help me [Smile]

DTS D567
DTS E557-01
DTS D564

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-31-2016 08:17 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabian,

may be I misunderstand what you are after - but the schematics of all common breakout boards are in the DTS6/6D manuals?

- Carsten

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 08:27 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carsten,

I am after the schematics of these boards so I can manufacture them on my own. After all it is not that easy to find them used.

I have checked the manuals you have mentioned several times and did not come across any schematics - probably I am just blind or something [Smile]

Can you give me hint where to look?

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2016 06:40 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I have triple-checked all manuals I have and there for sure are no schematics.

Looks like I have to design my own circuit boards.

I am only wondering what all other people were doing so far. I can not really imagine that everyone who was installing such processors over the last few years had shelves full of breakout boards.

Phil Ranucci
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2016 06:41 PM      Profile for Phil Ranucci   Email Phil Ranucci   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D567 CP200 interface
D564 CP65 Logic
E557-01 ?
I've got some lying around, I'll look.

Allan Lyman
Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2016 05:21 AM      Profile for Allan Lyman   Email Allan Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some D715 boards.they can be used for both DTS6+DTS6D.

the schematic you surch can be found in the DTS6D manual,here on filmtech

pm if intersted in the boards
Alan
Denmark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-03-2016 10:48 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The schematics for the various interface boards are on the last section of this manual
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/DTS6D.pdf
You could use a simple cheap layout program like sprint layout to lay out your board from them

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-05-2016 07:44 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabian - maybe you mean not 'schematics', but 'PCB layouts' so you can copy the original breakout boards directly?

After all, most of the breakout boards are not really complicated to emulate by cable converters or other means, once you understand what you actually need.

- Carsten

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2016 05:09 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carsten, I definitely do mean "schematics", although PCBs also would be nice. You are right - my idea was to just copy the original boards.

Thanks Gordon for pointing out that there are some schematics in the old version of the DTS6D manual which I did not check before!

But of course there are no schematics for newer and more complex boards like the E557-01 which I need for using the XD10 together with a CP65 and a DA20.

Main point is: In the beginning I was just hoping that PCBs an part lists for these boards would be floating around somewhere. That would have made the whole process a lot easier.

But as it is, I will probably have to design boards of my own.

Still it would be great if anyone could supply photos of both sides of the E557 and/or explain what the transistor does on this board.

Allan Lyman
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2016 07:25 AM      Profile for Allan Lyman   Email Allan Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 557 board is for CP200.It has relays,which swich between XD10 and CP200/DA20.Do the transistor is for swicthing the relays

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: