Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 2001 xd10 dts problem

Author Topic: 2001 xd10 dts problem
David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2018 11:50 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need some help, here is whats going on ,it drops the audio at the start of R#7 dont come back till 6 min into R#8 the xd10 is my back up track, a 6d is my main & that runs fine .the xd is getting good time code i reloaded the usb i tried other xd players same thing .i also tried loading the xd from the disc dont work either it loads it ,then same problem . the xd10 has 2.2.06 software my print is #1 i think it opened at the music box but went some were else cuz it was put on a platter. one more thing it is saying r#7 when this going on and it has time code running on the display.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-30-2018 12:53 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any OTHER versions of 2001 loaded into your XD10? If you do, then that's likely your issue.

If not then I would recommend you change out the hard drive in the XD10, load the operating software and configuration settings, then reload the 2001 audio. Odds are that will fix it.

I can assist with this process if you need.

David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 01:26 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, no other version except for the trailer of 2001 when we ran ready player 1 im going to delete & see what happens

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 01:30 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might want to check the files for reels 7 & 8 on the thumb drive. Compare the size with the ones on disk. There could be a problem with the files on the thumb drive for those reels. You say it happens on more than one XD10? All XD10s loaded from the thumb drive? You can copy the files from the disks to a thumb drive on a computer.

David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 04:48 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephan ,The file is there on the usb, & it same as the size as the disc. warners sent me new usb same thing happened. i have 3 xd10 players same result i even loaded the xd10 from the disc.on one of my xd10 players i even deleted all content then loaded the usb .its got to be something im over looking. i wonder what music box ran it on 6d or xd

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 05:37 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the Castro in San Francisco ran it on a XD10 with no issues. Strange.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-30-2018 05:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the Music Box runs a 6D and I believe the Somerville runs an XD10. (Those are the stops the print had before you.)

David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 06:38 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, was 2.2.06 the last version for the xd 10 another ? on the reader that is hooked to that xd10 it does flash a lot when its working also the flashing continues when the audio drops on R#7

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 07:21 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2.2.06 is the last I know of. Got a disk from Data Sat before they imploded.

That LED should be pretty solid. Have you checked the voltage? Is there scratching in the timecode? Procedure starts on pdf page 261 of this manual in the warehouse:
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/DTS_XD10_v2.1.pdf

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-30-2018 07:55 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes v2.2.06 is the final golden version of the software for XD10 and XD20 players.

I realized it had never been added to the warehouse, so it's there now.

Link to download

The download is a full CLEAN INSTALL disc, so it will wipe everything on the unit and reload it all from scratch. If I recall, it takes around 45 minutes or so. Then of course your settings have to be reloaded (which could be previously exported to a USB stick to save time).

I'm still thinking Dave has a corrupt hard drive. He has 2 readers, each reader tied to a different DTS unit and the other reader isn't blinking, so likely that's just a reader issue. HOWEVER since his display shows what reel number and time marker it is on tells me it's receiving timecode "good enough" and there is simply a matter of a corrupt audio file. Remember the drive in XD10 players are IDE. (Translated that means "really old".)

David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2018 10:43 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad & Stephan,i got the file down loaded, my reader is fairly new on the xd10 it was overstock from the hate full 8 rollout manufactured by the company that made them for dts the other one is from the outfit down in florida that takes 35mm ones & converts them

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-01-2018 05:46 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somerville has an XD20. We played the Todd-AO mix (not the 5.1) and had no problems. Timecode LEDs were solid throughout. The sound quality of that mix was excellent.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: