Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » T2-Extreme Defective Cases (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: T2-Extreme Defective Cases
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-10-2003 02:00 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T2 Extreme Edition DVD defective cases. The metal case it comes in has many DVD buyer finding that the fancy metal case will quickly terminate the plastic amary case inside. Artisan has been quick to acknowledge the problem and they've setup an e-mailaddress to e-mail for a replacment case cs@artisanent.com
(send e-mails to them at that address)
Since the metal cases are limitedthey are only going to replace the plastic inside case. Our advise is to not put the new case back in the metal sleeve as it WILL tear it. [Eek!]

This came from DVD Empire.com

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-10-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T2 is simply waaay 2 ExTrEmE for the case and that is why it ends up defective.

You may just want to wait for T2 Excessive/Insane Edition. It will not have defective cases, as it is not as ExTrEmE as the current T2 edition. But you will need a dolly and a tractor trailer to get it home since it is so excessive. They have video of Edward Furlong taking a dump in his trailer dude! Talk about extreme! They have so many extras it is insane. Rumor has it that the movie itself is even included on 1 of the discs!!!!1!!!111!!1!!!@ No way!!!!!
 -

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-14-2003 03:10 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that the case for the new "T2" release sucks but the picture and sound quality of the new release is the best it has ever been because I have owned and watched every previous versions on Super 8mm video, VHS, laserdisc and the last two DVD.

-Claude

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2003 07:45 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude, did they re-do the sound again for this new release?

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-14-2003 11:19 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron,

It does appear they did some additional work with the soundtrack because the mix is now in Dolby Digital EX. Because Artisan strived for the best picture quality and added a Dolby Headphone track, A DTS track was not included this time. The Dolby track is just as good and very aggressive. The rear tract has a lot of energy and if your home system is equipped for EX and you have rear speaker(s), you will be in for a treat!

-Claude

[ 06-15-2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Claude S. Ayakawa ]

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2003 12:03 AM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The previous release (Ultimate Edition) was also Dolby Digital Surround EX.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-15-2003 02:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude,

Super 8mm video? What is that? Super 8mm is a film format. Video has 8mm and Hi8, but neither are "super" and neither are formats in which movies are released (both are camcorder formats). What is this mystery format of which you speak? [Smile]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-15-2003 04:52 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

What was I thinking? [Smile] You are right. I used to shoot a lot of Super 8 movie films both silent and sound for my personal use years ago before video cams became affordable and when I typed 8mm, The word super came to mind and I typed it in by mistake. Sorry! The 8mm video format was very good and I had a special Sony deck to play back the movies I had on that format. In my opinion, it was much better than VHS. The "TERMINATOR II" tape was in full screen but the composition of the picture did not look too bad because James Cameron had specially worked with the people who created the full screen master from the original Super 35 film source and did a great job recomposing the picture for full screen.

-Claude

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2003 05:24 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No EX here. I bought my receiver just before EX came out in home equipment. Too bad about no DTS track, the one on the ultimate edition shakes the house, especially the Van Ling T2 THX snipe.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-15-2003 05:32 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So which is best... Ultimate or Extreme? From what Claude has said, the Extreme has the best picture quality. But it sounds like the DTS track on Ultimate might be the best sound. For the Excessive/Insane Edition maybe it will be Discrete DTS 6.1?

Also, I really don't care about extras. And the less motion menus you are forced to sit through before selecting "play" the better.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2003 08:41 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say Ultimate Edition, the extra footage in the Extreme edition isn't worth " double dipping " again to see. Hearing James Cameron's feature length commentary would be interesting to hear.

The Extreme edition does have a clearer picture without Edge Enhancement.

I'd say Ultimate Edition for the best sound simply for the DTS track. The Servo 15 takes a beating in the opening sequence of the movie.

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2003 09:26 AM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a pice of crap the metal case is!
I have emailed for my replacement plastic case.
Will have to wait for months that....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-06-2003 04:02 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Play it double system. Listen to the "Ultimate" disc while you watch the video from the "Extreme" disc, thus making a "Phanatical" presentation!

It seems Artisan is so excited about having a good mainstream movie that they can't get enough of re-releasing this one. Supposedly there is a Windows Media Player 9 high definition version and there is also a D-VHS version in high def. No DVD can compare to those two...or better yet a 70mm print!

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2003 04:48 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

There is a version that you need Windows Media Player, it's 1080p and requires a pretty fast computer.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-09-2003 03:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is "X-Treme" about this T2 edition? Does the disc pop out of the case and do back flips and land in the DVD player tray on its own? Does a midget run out and bust your kneecaps with a mallet at random while you watch it? Does the case grab your mountain bike and do crazy tricks?

If nothing like this happens, it is not extreme. It is simply just another copy of T2.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: