Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » manuals of Barco DP3000 / Electrical supply (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: manuals of Barco DP3000 / Electrical supply
Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2011 02:34 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
help Please:
I need any user and/or installer manual for the Barco DP3000 projector.
We are going to receive this projector next week and we must provide the pedestal and the power supply.
The installer told us to give a 3x380V+N supply, but we only have 3x220V in the booth.
I think the projector's powerbox (rectifier or ballast) accepts both 3x380+N and 3x220, maybe we can configure it through somekind of bridges...
That's what I want to see in the installer manual.
Anyone can help me?
My adress is jugarcal "at" terra "dot" es
Thank you!!!
PS: (All advices, tips, tricks, software, firmwares, specs sheets, technical bulletins, procedures, manuals, opinions, etc about this projector are wellcomed)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-08-2011 04:34 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Register at my.barco.com so you have access to the DP3000 manuals, is my suggestion.

There are TWO versions of the power supply...one for 3x400 and one for 3x208.

From the manual:

"WARNING: Make sure that the voltage range of the power unit matches with the voltage of the local power
net. Note that there exist two types of power units. One for a 3 x 400V AC + Neutral power net and one for a 3
x 208V AC power net. The power unit for a 3 x 400V AC + Neutral power net has a five-way distribution strip.
The power unit for a 3 x 208V AC power net has a four-way distribution strip. The power input distribution
strip is located behind the sealed compartment at the base of the power unit."

-Steve

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2011 03:31 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for the info, Steve.
I was registered in my.barco.com last week, but when I introduce the Product Number of a DP3000 (R9004480), they say there is no available manuals for this product...

About the power supply: "Houston, We have a problem..."

We are going to receive the 3x400V+N version of the power supply, and we have only a 3x220V power line...

Anyone know what's inside these power supplies?
Maybe internally are the same, but the difference is about some internal wiring and the external plugs (5 instead 4).

We are a little village cinema owners and we finally found enought money to buy a "second hand" DP3000 to survive in the new digital scene.
This projector come refurbished by a second UK company to version 14.0.48, and they told us this unit admits triple flash.

If we cannot change the internal wiring to convert this power supply from 3x400+N to 3x220V, maybe we must find a three phase transformer elevator (¿around 7500VA?), but this solution is not the best... (more heat, more consumation...)

Any information or advise are wellcomed!!

Someone told me there are some codes to reset the filters life counter. We have a lot of filters not from Barco (my brother works at Xerox and there are a lot of different filters available). Anyone know these filters reset codes?
Thank you!!

JuanJo

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-09-2011 08:30 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help you on the internals of the power supply...I suspect they are not easily converted and probably have different primaries.

As to My.Barco...once you sign in...click on "Support", then Projectors, then "DCinema Projectors" and then you should be able to find the DP3000 (discontinued) and have access to the manuals and firmware you may need as well as Communicator.

-Steve

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-09-2011 12:42 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are different access levels on MyBarco. If you don't qualify for the higher levels, you will only get access to very basic stuff, nothing more than a few brochures.

- Carsten

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2011 01:16 PM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Steven.
As Carsten told, I can't only see a support form in the support tag of my.barco.com.
So I can get all these manuals, specs, drawins, etc...

So if anybody can send PDF's about installing, adjusting, etc... to my email, this would be very helpfull to make the phisical install for aur projector.
Communicator software, trics, reset codes, ... can be very helpfull too.

Thank you again for your patience!!

JuanJo

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-09-2011 04:28 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with email is the size. The installation is 14MB and the Service is over 50MB

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-09-2011 05:03 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Juan - if you receive your Barco next week, try to get the device serial number before hand. Then contact Barco about this, maybe they will grant you a higher access level to my.barco. Through email, however, this can take weeks, so better phone and email them.

- Carsten

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2011 11:37 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your advice, Karsten.

Steve, I can give you my gmail email adress wich support 25MB email weight.
Maybe you can send me all these data through 3 or 4 email...

This help would be very apreciated!!

jjaudiovisuales "at" gmail "dot" com

Thanks everybody!

JuanJo

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-11-2011 02:47 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out www.dropbox.com . Easy, free filesharing with minimum setup hassle.

Public download links can be sent though email.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-11-2011 06:50 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dropbox is indeed an excellent resource (2.5GB of space is FREE)

-Steve

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2011 07:04 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have dropbox account!!! What a great idea!!

my dropbox associated email is:
cineavenida "at" terra "dot" es

There are 2 options:
1.You can create a shared folder (or share an existing folder) in your dropbox account, put the files there, and share it with me.
2.I can make a new empty shared folder in my dropbox account and share it with you (you'll have to tell me what's your dropbox account email adress). Once the folder is shared with you, then you can enter into this folder and put there the files to share

Thank you very much for your help!!
You've have some beers payed for you if you ever came to Spain (north middle zone) [Smile]

Regards.
JuanJo

PS: (Sorry about my english. It's not very good but I hope you can understand me)

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-11-2011 11:00 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also a public folder - this would be your own folder, it is not 'shared' with someone else, but you can create single-file download links to be emaild to anyone you like. People can not view the entire public folder or add something to it, they can only download the single file that he got the download link to.

So Steve could put the files into his public folder, using the dropbox app (file->context menu) copy the public download link to the clipboard and paste it into an email or forum msg. Everyone seeing that link can download the file, so it can either be 'private' or 'public'. Too many downloads per file however can suspend your account for a day or so, so it is not really meant for massive sharing to many people. They don't give the exact number, I assume somthing in the range of 20-50. Maybe depends not on the number of downloads but traffic created.

Also nice that it is multi-platform - you can have shared dropbox folders between your Mac, PC, and even iPhone. You can upload photos, videos or recordings from your iPhone to your dropbox.

And if you are sitting on a different machine without dropbox software installed, you can use the webinterface at ww.dropbox.com to access, add, delete, share etc. your files from any webbrowser.

'nough advertizing- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 11-11-2011 06:20 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for Spanish or English variants? Actually, on the Service manual has a Spanish version that I've seen.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-12-2011 10:02 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The help page has German, English, Spanish, French, Japansese, so I guess the app is available in these languages as well.

Hmm, yes, my Mac version allows me to set these mentioned languages in preferences.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: