Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS200 Theatre Network Card

Author Topic: Dolby DSS200 Theatre Network Card
Bryan Hopkins
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2015 12:02 PM      Profile for Bryan Hopkins   Email Bryan Hopkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure the NIC for the Theatre Network is out on our DSS200. It will only go into stand alone mode as it can not connect to the theatre network and see the Library. I've checked the CAT5 cable and the switch, all are good. I replaced the card with a Dual Server NIC that I had and it was able to connect to the Library but the Dual Card played havoc with the media block. I believe it crossed with the NIC for Media Block. I tried switching the cables for the Media Block but it just kept saying that it could not connect to the Media Block. Obviously, I need a new NIC for the theatre network but I'd like to save some money by not buying directly from Dolby. Does anyone have a card?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 12-31-2015 12:39 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the MB in your server is likely to be a Supermicro. Get the code of the Ethernet card and google it! [Smile]

Newer servers don't have that card, the ports are all embedded on the motherboard.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: