Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » CP2220 needing more lumens

Author Topic: CP2220 needing more lumens
Trevor Cable
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Trevor Cable   Email Trevor Cable   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I have a Christie CP2220 and we project both 2D and 3D (using RealD). I've been asked to get another 1.5 ft/L for 3D and just can't go any higher on the CDXL-30 Lamp. Does anyone have any experience with the CDXL-30SD Lamp? The literature states that it'll support 22,000 Lumens vs. 19,000 for the CDXL-30 but with almost identical power requirements.

Does anyone knowledgeable with these bulbs know if the SD will actually get me more lumens?

Thanks.

-Cable

p.s. changing the 3D equipment is not an option.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-08-2016 01:59 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It WILL get more light and probably satisfy what you are being asked.

Note, the CP2220 only gets 15,000 lumens on the CDXL-30 and gets up to about 18,500 on the CDXL-30SD.

Any of those higher numbers are promotional type things...e.g. running at 110% power (voids lamp warranty) and not sustained (great so you get a lot of light for an hour).

Trevor Cable
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2016 02:08 PM      Profile for Trevor Cable   Email Trevor Cable   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the info. Just what I needed to know.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2016 08:25 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use the CDXL 30SD. They do give you that extra boost of light but there is a cost. Only 1000 operating hour warranty and they cost a bit more. Also often have issues when at about the 500 hour mark they like to light and go out repeat a few times. They tend to get better again after another 100 hours or 2.

Make sure to use the extender adapter inside the lamphouse.They are small bulbs but be careful they are at an even higher pressure.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: