Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » FOR SALE: Reed Drive-In Speakers, RCA Junction Boxes & Misc.

Author Topic: FOR SALE: Reed Drive-In Speakers, RCA Junction Boxes & Misc.
Tony L. Hernandez
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2011 11:49 PM      Profile for Tony L. Hernandez   Email Tony L. Hernandez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have about 60 used Reed Drive-In car speakers for sale. Most are from the long-defunct Compass Drive-In Theaters out of Denver,Colorado(Wolfberg Theaters) and say so at the top. There are also several from Highland Theaters and 2-3 from the West Evans Walk-In/Drive-In Theater in Denver, Colorado. I have cleaned them all up nicely but they are unrestored. The last time I saw/heard these particular speakers in use, I was just a young child so I also cannot say which ones still work and which ones do not. They were stored in a dilapidated projection booth/snack bar so they did receive some protection from the elements during their "retirement years". Most are in very good used condition but a few are in fair or poor condition. I will sell you what you specify you would like.
ASKING PRICE: $15 a piece + shipping and handling.

I also have:

20 RCA Junction Boxes- $15 each
5-7 Reed Junction Boxes (Incomplete...good for parts or full restoration only) $7 each
50 Theater Car Heaters, a fair mix of gold and black Eprads and unlabeled orange colored units: $10 each
Unknown number of random face and back plates for the above mentioned Reed Speakers $7 each

These are great little speakers...very fun to hold onto as a collectable or to restore and put back to service. I've kept about 40 of them that I cherish and would never part with but I feel it's about time to send the others to new homes and free up some space since they are duplicates.

Email me at: TonyFilm16@aol.com
I'm happy to answer any questions.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: