Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Equipment and Supplies Wanted/For Sale   » 35mm equipment free for pick-up in Northern California before it's scrapped (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 35mm equipment free for pick-up in Northern California before it's scrapped
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-27-2011 03:59 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are just about ready to have a big debris bin brought in to trash all of our 35mm equipment. Before we do so, I just want to see if there is anyone in Northern California who is interested in taking away any of what we have.

If you need specific parts off of any of this equipment, we can probably arrange that as well. I don't want to deal with any shipping, but if there are small parts you need, we might be able to work that out if you pay shipping.

Here's a quick run down:
-7 x Xetron 3K lamphouse
-5 x Simplex Millennium projector w/5 star sound head (without automated turret)
-3 x Simplex 1050 projector w/5 star sound head
-2 x Century projectors (not sure of model off the top of my head)
-11 x Christie AW3 platters (4 with removable brains)
-5 x Christie lamp houses (not sure of models). Some have Phoenix kits. One has lamp house, rectifier, and control panel as separate units.
-AW3 centering rings
-6K house reels
-2K house reels
-Component Engineering LED controllers
-Misc. small parts (including sprockets, tension bands, switches, diodes, etc)
-Several Simplex and Century intermittents

|  IP: Logged

Matthew McBride
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2011 04:08 PM      Profile for Matthew McBride   Email Matthew McBride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been watching the site for about a year now and I finally registered. I need a component engineering FM35 fail safe cue detector. I know I am not located in California but I would be willing to pay for shipping. If you have one would that be one of the items you would be willing to ship? Also any Dolby CAT. 701/702s either. Thanks.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-27-2011 04:20 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are the Dolby CAT 701/702 cards within the processors? If so, we are not scrapping the processors as they still seem to have some resale value.

I'm not sure of the model of cue detector/fail safe we have, but it is not the Component Engineering brand. I'll post a picture later today of what we have.

Matthew McBride
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2011 04:30 PM      Profile for Matthew McBride   Email Matthew McBride   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean the actual dolby digital penthouse sound reader, either a 701 or 702. Really all I need is a fail safe that is compatible with component engineering TA-10 automation. Thanks.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 10-27-2011 04:31 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are the Dolby CAT 701 / 702 cards within the processors?
No, Justin they are the Dolby Digital penthouse sound heads.

Shouldn't this be in the Equipment and Supplies section below?

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-27-2011 04:34 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, we don't have any Dolby sound heads.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-27-2011 07:24 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Private message sent. Let me know if you would be willing to ship some of the smaller parts; I would pay for shipping, as I know of some nonprofits that could use this stuff and which would appreciate the donation.

Also, do you have any lenses?

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-27-2011 07:30 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, check your PM's.

Justin: Someone just asked me recently about reels..I'll try to find his info and send him your way. [Smile]

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 10-27-2011 07:36 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm after some Century traps and damper roller assys for R3's if there are any available.

Ram Sup
Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2011 04:09 AM      Profile for Ram Sup   Email Ram Sup   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi..there...

Is it possible for you to sent AW3 platter and projector head. I will bear the shipping cost. I'm from Malaysia(Asia). Do let me know ?

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-28-2011 05:03 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ram, I would really prefer to avoid shipping freight, especially internationally.

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2011 10:36 AM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin, I did want to say thank you for doing this. I wish there was more of this around instead of the automatic rush to the scrap yards. Be well.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2011 01:59 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin, I am about 2 hours away from you in Vacaville. I am interested in some of the equipment. I am sending you a PM with my contact info.

Gibbs Chapman
Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2011 09:09 PM      Profile for Gibbs Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Gibbs Chapman       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Justin - we here at the pacific film archive in Berkeley are definitely interested in 2K GB cast house reels and bins and likely a number of other things - I apparently don't post enough here to email you directly but please email me at  - or call us at  -
thanks

[ 10-29-2011, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Adam Martin ]

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2011 12:07 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott and Gibbs - I sent you both some private email. Please read and get back to me. Gibbs, email addresses and phone numbers in forums posts are against the rules. Might want to edit that out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: