Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Changing Lanes

Author Topic: Changing Lanes
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-08-2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Paramount
Scope
6 reels
ETS depot
Deluxe Hollywood lab
SRD/DTS (no SDDS)

Attached:
Sum of all fears

Loose:
Insomnia
Bad Company
K-19
Spiderman

NOTE: No that's not your film fluttering or Joe upstairs screwing with your focus knob. Apparently the camera crew consisted of a blind person pulling focus who did an exceptionally horrible job. Expect an large quantity of out of focus shots and wandering focus throughout most every scene.

|  IP: Logged

Arthur Reebel
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2002 12:25 AM      Profile for Arthur Reebel   Email Arthur Reebel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had a slight staticy sound in the audio track of this film?

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2002 02:26 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which audio track?

Arthur Reebel
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2002 08:20 AM      Profile for Arthur Reebel   Email Arthur Reebel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in both the DTS and SR tracks

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-22-2002 10:20 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I can verify there are no problems with the SRD and DTS tracks. I would assume you have a local sound system problem.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-22-2002 10:40 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Has anyone had a slight staticy sound in the audio track of this film?"

Funny you should mention that. There is a few seconds of static in the music during the opening credits, sounds kind of like a scratchy vinyl LP. But that's the only place I noticed it. This static was there both locations I saw the film, though it was much clearer at the Regal (which has better sound). Cinemark's sound is muddier and it slightly masked the static, though not completely.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alert: There is dialog directly over the 2--->3 reel change. If you have a new print probably be best to not leave ID frames on the footer of 2 and header of 3. When my print ran the word spoken over the reel change was incomprehensible. Probably equally my fault and who ever ran it before (I was expecting a new print but it had been used before as the headers and footers had already been cut.)

Also there is dialog either over or starting very close to the 3-->4 reel change also.

-------
Interesting Note: Its a super 35 film not real anamorphic. The headers and footers have an amamorphic stretch and also some scenes in the end of the movie show circular (not egg shaped) lense flair. Plus most of the head-shots in the film have no headroom etc.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2003 01:46 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the SR left channel, there is almost no volume

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: