Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » Gods and Generals (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Gods and Generals
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-03-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
WB
2.39 scope
SRD/DTS/SDDS (unknown issue with 3 dts discs and older players at this point)
13 reels
ETS depot
Reels 5, 8, 9 and 13 are half reels
Run time: 3 hours 40 minutes (will confirm and edit this if needed)

...and the big one...

Finished print and NO INTERMISSION!!!
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-03-2003 08:06 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to an email that I received from Warners today, there will be an intermission at half-way through Reel 8 with music that will add 12 minutes to the run time.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-03-2003 08:28 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm, the tail of reel 8 and beginning of reel 9 appear to be the same scene. Will have to report back once this has screened to see if it is indeed in the MIDDLE of the reel, as opposed to the end.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-04-2003 03:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Run time is accurate. There appears to be no place for an intermission, except a quick glimpse of a sunrise in reel 8. This was a finished print with credits, digital tracks and rating band. 3 hours 40 minutes non-stop.

Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2003 11:58 PM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We received our bookings on Monday and it was confirmed (at least for Canada), that there is to be an intermission after reel 8. An additional "Let's go to the lobby" corporate show is to be put on at the end of reel 8 and the show stopped at that point for 12 minutes.

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 01:25 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is an intermission built in, are you going to cut off the black when since you are actually stopping the projector?

Alex Grasic
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 09:29 PM      Profile for Alex Grasic   Email Alex Grasic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got a memo from Warner Brothers stating that there is a built in 12 minute intermission midway during the eighth reel. They do not want non-sync sound coming back as for the last 3:30 of the 12 minutes, there will be music played back to 'warn' athe movie goers that the movie will be starting again.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 02-19-2003 10:28 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it required for theaters to have an intermission for this movie, or can you run the whole movie without an intermission?

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 02:10 AM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin, there is 12 minutes of black on the reel so I'm guessing unless you cut that part out you have to run the intermission.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 05:48 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok then, so I guess the question is now, will the studio allow us to cut out the 12 mineuts of black that is included with the feature?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-20-2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No. You HAVE to leave that black intact in reel 8 and you HAVE to have an intermission. It's part of your booking contract, just like how you HAVE to show the attached trailer.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 10:19 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember if this was on all reels, but reel 8 had a little yellow dot on the frame line.
This acts as the only frame line reference during the intermission.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 02-20-2003 11:00 PM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that pretty much clears up all the confusion on my part. Thanks for the info everybody.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-21-2003 12:45 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Prints I've handled had no frameline markings of any sort. Conveniently though, the entire intermission was pure black.

Justin McLeod
Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 01:08 AM      Profile for Justin McLeod   Email Justin McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's going to be pretty intresting to experience a intermission for a movie ( in my opninion ) because I have never had do work with one. Is Gods and Generals as good as I have been hearing?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: