Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » GOTHIKA

Author Topic: GOTHIKA
Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 11-15-2003 06:33 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Distrib: Warner Brothers (Columbia/TriStar) No idea what that means -- they are BOTH listed as the USA distributor...go figure.

35mm Print# 00116
Reels: 5
Emulsion: Eastman
Base: Poly
Incept Code: n/a
Release # n/a
Run Time: 95min
Reel Bands: None

Picture format: Spherical 1.85:1 (hard matte at 1.66)

Sound format: Tri-digital & Dolby SR analog and
NO FREAKIN DTS DISKS!

Cues: Lab -- Black with green surround

Scratches --
Base: None
Emulsion: None

Splices: Head R1 only. All other Head and Tail joints are virgin -- no splices.

Color Fade/Shift: None
Acidosis (VS): None
Overall Condition: AA (WB rating) Mint

MPAA Rating Band: [R] Blue band at tail R5
Attached Trailers: None
Loose Trailers: 1) TORQUE
2) That MPAA Anti-piracy trailer, which I am happy to say, never mared my screen. I figure the two security guards they sent with metal detector wands to frisk my patrons was more than enough of an anti-piracy message, as well as the security guard who sat in the booth with me the entire time to "watch" the print.

Notes: Plays fine at 1.66.
Also, for c/o booths -- watch for those cues carefully -- lots of dark scenes with tons of flashing lighting and quick cuts -- easy to miss.

[ 11-15-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Frank Angel ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-24-2003 09:34 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hard matte comes and goes. Noteably during the shower scene. Don't rely on it when framing, or you may see the microphone in some scenes. I noticed black spots during the fourth reel of our print that looked suspiciously like a CAP variant.

EDITED - for clarification. mjm

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2003 03:22 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The head of Reel 2 starts out dark. I had to match the soundtrack and make the splice.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: