Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets   » The Passenger (1975)

Author Topic: The Passenger (1975)
John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 04-15-2007 12:13 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Passenger" (1975)
aka "Professione: reporter" (original Italian title)
aka "The Passenger (Reporter)" (some leaders)
2005 reissue
7 reels
1.85:1 Flat (hard matte)
Mono (conventional silver-applicated track)
Primarily in English, with occasional local languages
No subtitles
MGM
Sony
DFS depot
Kodak Color VISION 2383 stock
FotoKem lab [*]

Soundtrack leaders variously note "--SONY-- A.N.T. version," "Restored Director's version 9/9/05," and combinations.

There's a huge amount aperture dirt and hair just outside the 1.85:1 area that I do not understand; occasionally it makes it into the 1.85:1 frame. It is positive (black) that varies from camera cut to camera cut, so I don't understand (originated on reversal stock? That seems unlikely!). Workprints used for the IP??

(If they're going to "restore" the soundtrack, why not make it SR/Woody Allen mono? Ah, well...)

=== Print-specific info
Print #0036 (DFS)
Booked through New York Films (circuiting a "former DFS print")
2005 datecode.
Print quality Fair/Good (6-7), R1 has some scratches and dirt,
but most is decent. Kind of beat up for a 2-year old movie that probably doesn't get a huge number of plays, though.
Scribed cues at somewhat irregular positions (motor cue ranges from 10'3f to 12'10f, etc.), no visible lab cues (short tails?).

[*] What lab is it that uses those 4"x5/16" white labels, dot-matrix printing, with the title in a larger font on the first line and "35mm Composite Release Print PT-3" (e.g. for reel 3)? Is that FotoKem?. answer: Yeah, at least I have a short FotoKem printed for me with those stickers.

[edit: update lab]

[ 04-15-2007, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: John Hawkinson ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: