Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Dukes of Hazzard(2005) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The Dukes of Hazzard(2005)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2005 09:18 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't expecting a lot out of this film, just some good ol fashion hilbilly fun. Orange Dodge Chargers doing ridiculous jumps, exploding arrows, Daisy's long long long legs, and Boss Hogg trying to throw the Dukes in jail for no reason. And of course you can't forget Flash!

I got everything and then some with the Dukes of Hazzard. Its nothing more then a fun time at the theater, and lot of good laughs. A lot of car chases and car crashes. I was very pleased with the final product. I think everyone fit into there character very well, esp Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg. He was perfect for the slimy county comish.

All in all I give the Dukes of Hazzard 4 out of 5

This film is going to be carried by good word to mouth among the teens and young adults. Some of the shows purists may have a hard time with this film. But get over it already, you can go and watch the re runs on CMT or DVD if you want to relive the 80's that bad. This is set in modern times with modern jokes.

Go out and get some popcorn and enjoy the last good comedy/action movie of the summer.

And before you can ask Richard the Greco factor is about a 100. Highest Greco factor this summer aside from the topless ladies in Wedding Crashers.

[ 08-06-2005, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Kurt Zupin ]

|  IP: Logged

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2005 07:58 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet, cant wait to see it tomorrow night

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2005 05:06 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's crap.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-05-2005 06:10 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, up until Christian posted his review I was afraid I had screened a mislabeled print of a crappy movie!

I knew just from the concept and seeing the trailers that this would be a bad movie. However I was hoping it would be "good bad", and not "bad bad". Was this supposed to be funny? Why does the car have to fly every 5 minutes? Why was this entire show flat out lame?

In all fairness I thought that all of the actors did very good with what they had to work with. Heck, even though I hate Willie Nelson and his evil satanic "music" I thought even he did a good job in the role of Uncle Jesse. Still though there's just no substance to this movie at all.

If you're going into the show purely for the Greco factor, then yeah you will probably like it. If you watch the show with your brain on pause, there's good odds you will have a good time as well. Every other scenario=crap!

2 out of 5 stars and that is ASSUMING YOU STAY FOR THE CREDITS!!! Seriously, the best part of the movie is the outtakes as the flying car stunts go wrong and they destroy cars.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-06-2005 02:18 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote a long diatribe as to why this film was a lot of fun. Then I realized that my target audience wouldn't give a rats ass anyway. [Eek!]

I really enjoyed the film, will see it again, and I am smart enough to know when to let go of the real world and just have some dumb fun. [beer]

That's all this film is, pure dumb fun.

I used to hate dumb films like this, but one day, I woke up (from brain surgury [Big Grin] ), and realized that our lives are way too damn short to be concerned with so much.

There are few films I truly hate, and few I truly love. This one struck a cord with me. It brough back memories of childhood that were warm, good and clean. It was one of the few times in my life when things were right, when our family gathered to watch this show. Seeing the same elements in this feature let me relive some of my best memories, and forget about all the hate that surrounded so much of my life.

So maybe I am a dumbass redneck, so what! [fu] I loved it. I cherished it. And the other 350 people all had such a good time, people were still talking to complete strangers about the film for 15 minutes in the auditorium after it was over. [Smile]

Nothing that brings people together that doesn't involve a protest rally or a riot can be all that bad.

Or maybe I am nothing but a stupid redneck, as my family did come here from Polermo in the early 1900's. Stupid Italian Rednecks! [evil]

Ciao

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-06-2005 03:42 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and Hollywood wonders why theatre business is down 8 to 15 percent from last year.....shit like this hitting the screens... - Monte

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-06-2005 12:08 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I most heartily disagree with your assessment of this film and the reason for box office downturn. For my lenghthy yet insightful reasoning, please tune in to the link below...

Dave's Completely and Totally Pointless Defensless Diatribe

Ciao

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2005 12:44 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dave Williams
I most heartily disagree with your assessment of this film
Since when was it not ok for someone to post an opinion? Chill out, Dave.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 08-06-2005 03:39 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, you seem awfully defensive about liking this movie. There's no reason to be defensive about it, just as there's no reason to be offended if other people (such as myself) had a negative reaction to the trailer (or to a screening) and therefore choose not to see the film. The trailer played like a lead balloon for me, and that's being kind. If you ask me to rate my interest in this movie based on the trailer, on a 1 to 10 scale where 10 = "I'm calling in sick at work so I can sneak to the first Dukes show on opening day", I would rate "Dukes of Hazzard" a minus 3. Give me a crisp new $20 bill and buy my ticket and concessions, and I might grudgingly set aside a couple hours to see it. [Wink]

But if "Dukes" puts other butts in the seats, including yours, then that's fine with me. [Shrug]

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2005 04:29 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad 2 out of 5.

More like -5 it’s the pits low numbers, trash like this is the reason people like to stay at home with there home cinema.

Get the picture guys?

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2005 06:28 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Andy I don't get the picture!

Ok would you stop saying that this is the reason people are not going to the theater. This film has been very busy for us. There are plenty of good films out there right now and were still lower this then last, although we have come up some what sense Fantastic Four came out, which much like Dukes was just a fun movie, nothing special. JUST FUN!!! ISN'T THAT WHAT GOING TO THE MOVIES IS SUPPOSED TO BE???

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-06-2005 08:48 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, while bad movies may be a chunk of the problem relating to cinema doomsday, bad presentations are just as much to blame.

Continue any discussion on these matters on this pre-existing thread.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-07-2005 02:13 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to watch the Jessica Simpson scenes with the sound off, and the car chases with the sound cranked. If anyone knows of such a showing, please let me know.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-07-2005 03:05 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Brad hated it, I knew I would like it. I was right... [Smile]

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2005 04:29 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a big big fan of the tv show.

I saw the trailer and saw a big [bs]

I stuck around after inventory Thursday night to watch the " [bs] ". I wanted to see if it was any good.

It was 2 am. I threaded the movie. I took a piss. I dawlded around. (I hate trailers)

I sat down in my favorite 384 stadium house. The movie went on screen, and....

Well, my cell phone fell out of my pocket at some point. I always wondered how people could lose their cell phones so often. I did, and I didn't even know it.

I laughed, I cried, and when the movie was over, well, all I can say is 2 thumbs up and 5 stars, or 10 stars or how ever many stars you can count!

Now, there was not a whole lot of merit to this movie, but it sure entertained the HELL out of ME!

So, this being a review thread, as far a merit? not much. As far as entertaining value? I have not been entertained this much in years and years and years!

E

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: