Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Little Man (2006)

Author Topic: Little Man (2006)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-15-2006 04:45 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I describe this thing??? It was stupid, retarded, moronic and just plain dumb.

Now what rating do I give it? Well, this sort of movie desperately needs to be viewed intoxicated along with a group of friends who are all drunk as well. In that case, this movie would probably rate 4 or maybe even a solid 5 stars if the booze was plentiful enough. Unfortunately, I had no alcohol before going into the auditorium and I screened it alone. As such, I give it a 2 out of 5 stars.

Why two stars? Perhaps I am being nice here, but seriously this was less painful than most of the shit Hollywood has been churning out these last few years just because it was so damned stupid.

(I did find the scene with the mother driving amazingly accurate though! [Big Grin] )

|  IP: Logged

Carey Barber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2006 11:58 PM      Profile for Carey Barber   Email Carey Barber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad - someone here must have read your review because we just kicked out 2 people who had stayed in the theater quite a while after 'Little Man' let out.

I could see them through the porthole just sitting in the theater and the girl had a bottle of liquor in her hand.

So...maybe that couple would actually give this one a good review.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-17-2006 02:57 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
It was stupid, retarded, moronic and just plain dumb.
Hey Brad

You needn't have endured this film to be able to give it that review. I'll NEVER see it and I'm happy to back you up on that one.

Just seeing the blatant rip off of the classic 1954 Warner's Chuck Jones' cartoon 'Baby Buggy Bunny' in the ads where the 'little man' is in the bathroom shaving while smoking a cigar was enough to make me [puke]

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2006 07:59 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sitting back with a few beers under the belt would be of assistance while viewing this as Brad pointed out.

There were a couple of classic funny bits but basically very ordinary.

The print was also very ordinary , grainy as hell and poor focus all the way.

The woman donning makeup while driving remined me of my wife ,

and I would imagine the blonde would receive a "high" Greco rating, and she did not remind me of my wife!

2.5 out of five from me on this

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: