Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Marley and Me

Author Topic: Marley and Me
Louis Belloisy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2008 02:48 PM      Profile for Louis Belloisy   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Belloisy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a neat film. I am not a fan of Owen Wilson, but he certainly did a ok job in this film. We had a sold out house for our first showing and I could have made a fortune with a tissue concession. I won't say anymore other than do see it, bring Kleenex, have a good cry.

Louis

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-26-2008 10:12 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a fine movie. I agree Owen Wilson did a very good job with the sad parts and Jennifer Aniston was good too. My wife, who is more of a dog fan than me, liked it a lot but it did make her cry. (I never cry at movies anymore - seen too many, I guess.) The movie gets points for having the courage to come out at Christmas without a sappy upbeat ending.

I especially enjoyed Alan Arkin who played Wilson's boss. He was hilarious just in the way he delivered his lines - his material wasn't funny but the character was.

Kudos also to the various Marleys - there must have been quite a few of them.

Our first showing on Christmas evening wasn't sold out but just a nice comfortable crowd. Some people brought babies - I never can understand the logic there.

Overall - 4 out of 5 stars from me.

EDIT: We've had a lot of "I hated the ending!" comments on this movie. I don't think these people are getting the ending! It's not about the demise of the family pet; it says that you should cherish those who improve your life. I guess stuff has to be blatantly on the surface for people to get it.

[ 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: