Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Fate of the Furious (2017)

Author Topic: The Fate of the Furious (2017)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 04-15-2017 06:37 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Warren East, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 4
PRESENTATION Warren 21 Recline-O-Vision 2K with the WAVE (surf's up, dude)
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Fucking seat heater didn't work
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Part way through the Mummy trailer I was thinking "What the fuck is this, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider starring Tom Cruise?"

THE PLOT: Dom turns heel. Wackiness ensues.

They've been promoting this as being "darker". Vin Diesel even said "We had to go darker." Bullshit. This is SO MUCH DAMN FUN. A high-budget grindhouse feature with Kurt Russell providing the grindhouse cred. Johnson and Statham's one-up jibes and threats at each other are so hilarious that, at one point, THEY crack up.

There's one or two downers along the way, but a Guy Richie-type plot twist and tons of stupid ridiculous and WAY entertaining action makes up for it.

My favorite movie franchise did not disappoint. And I was fully expecting it to.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-21-2017 09:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's just the type of people who come to these movies vs. the Disney fans, but when we had Beauty and the Beast, virtually everybody who came out was just gushing about how great the show was.

With this movie, no gushing. Most of them walk out with blank expressions. I don't know it that means they hated it, they feel like they've been hit over the head from all the mayhem, or these fans just don't gush.

Whatever.....this pushes the meaning of "over the top" higher than ever. A fun watch, indeed.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-22-2017 08:50 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, go in before the next show and ask the audience who had previously watched B&B. These guys are COOL as shit. No gushing, ya know.

- Carsten

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2017 11:02 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't impressed - thought the two prior one's were goofy fun, but this is just getting to be overkill.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: