Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Cinemark New Ticketing Options

Author Topic: Cinemark New Ticketing Options
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2000 08:10 AM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinemark has expanded its ticketing options.

1. General Box Office.
2. Internet
2.1 Purchase tickets online, pick up tickets at kiosk in lobby
2.2 Purchase tickets online, print tickets at home (selected theatres only), bring printout and usher with a fancy palm pilot with laser (set to stun ) scans printout for validation. Scanner tells whether ticket is valid and to admit holder. I believe it says on the printout that they do not have in/out privledges.
3. Purchase tickets at kiosk avoiding box office lines.

Now, the whole point of 2.1 and 2.2 was to allow people to avoid the long lines that occur on Friday and Saturday nights. Now with option 3. That may tie up the kiosk that is used for 2. thus creating lines that the people were trying to avoid in the first place. It also is a revenue generator for someone because of the service charge. I would bet that the theatre gets at least a part of that.

The other sticking point is 2.2. I can see this being a BIG hassle on the floor as those that are going to scam by making copies of the Print@Home tickets and giving to their buddies. First one is scans OK to admit, subsequent ones will be denied but will make a stink that the system is FUBARED and to let them in because they have a "TICKET" or those that are going to say, "Oh, you already scanned it." by flashing the printout and zooming on by. Granted that it can happen in today's ticketed world but will only increase.

|  IP: Logged

Gregory Brannon
Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2000 06:24 PM      Profile for Gregory Brannon   Email Gregory Brannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the ads for that on local T.V. and in the paper. I think it's pretty cool. However you are right on the weekends that place is packed. And I agree at some point someone will try to get over on the system. Just like at AMC's they tear your tickets at the entrance people tend roam from theatre to theatre once their movie finishes. Which is very annoying when this happens during a feature. This rarely happens at Cinemark because their ushers directs people to exits after a presentation.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: