Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Labyrinth Availability

Author Topic: Labyrinth Availability
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 02-16-2002 12:22 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know hwere can get a presentable print of Labyrinth? It will not be run on a platter and can be run from 2000 ft reels if necessary. 35mm, 16mm might be considered.

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2002 04:34 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia/Tristar (Sony) owns the rights but Lucasfilm is also involved as well. You may have a difficult time getting that one.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 02-16-2002 02:53 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony has given us clearance in writing to run it, the problem is they have no prints, good or bad aavailable. We found one privately owned print the owner of which has never seen it on screen, he has no equipment to do so. He will not rent it.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-16-2002 09:03 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How bizarre

Companies who hold rights to films should be made to keep screenable prints or they lose the rights to PD

Warners don't even have any Gremlins prints and Universal don't have any Smokey And The Bandits

Sad

------------------
"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage". - Indiana Jones.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-16-2002 10:24 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt, very much that they have no prints. They may mean that they have no prints ( in their office). But, you can't tell me they have no prints. All it takes is a phone call.

"Pul--ese"

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2002 11:19 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John.... Universal has no Smokey prints? ARgghhhhhh! Heh.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-17-2002 12:12 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want them to call Victoria Film Service in Toronto that does the print warehousing here. There was a year ago both a 35 and a 70 there.
Since the bar coding of everything theyseem to have lost count so you may have to insist on an actual rack check

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2002 02:33 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is at least one print (or was last summer) of GREMLINS out there somewhere.
It played midnights one weekend at the Landmark River Oaks last summer here in Houston.

Christopher Finn
Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for Christopher Finn   Email Christopher Finn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know for a fact that there were at least two Gremlins prints out there. I have run it for midnights twice, and the first time I ran it, it was a print that still had the headers and tails attached!

I hate the unavailabilty of prints. How can New Line not have a print of ANY of the "Nightmare on Elm St." films at all!?!?

Chris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: