Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pacer Dataticket (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pacer Dataticket
Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2002 11:46 AM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased a Pacer dataticket on e-bay and was looking to see who supports this system. I need to obtain software to run it. It came with no cables or managers computer. Can anyone help or is the system so old nothing can be done with it. I have 2 keyboards. 2 printer housings one with 2 printers in it and 3 terminals. I know I can wire up the terminals if I can get a schematic for it.

|  IP: Logged

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2002 11:49 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pacer\Cats is the support group for that product. They were located in Everett Washington several years back. There web adress is www.pacercats.com

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2002 01:52 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pacer is based out of Colorado (Denver, I think) thier support number is:

1-303-414-7802

Great company to work with!

------------------
"Running through life at 24 frames per second"

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2002 01:58 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a older unit and PAcer/Cats I found out don't support them. A company called SOSTICKETING.COM is the one now supporting the dataticket.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-13-2002 10:28 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever have any minor questions about them -- I'm sure there might be plenty of people here (myself included) that know more about the old Pacer systems than they'd like to.

I'm sure we could all agree the first step is to "Turn it off and then back on." and if that doesn't work "Turn it off and back on over and over and over again." If that doesn't work -- well -- looks like somethings wrong - send it back for a pricy equipment exchange.

Although I haven't dealt with SOS for quite some time -- maybe they've unlocked the secrets to the Pacer and don't require you to send every unit back if it's defective. They did have great customer service and if you had a problem at 3:00am -- as long as you were polite about it and didn't act like you walked on water - they always treated me nice.

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 10:53 AM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking to sell thes they are posted in the Equipment for sale

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 11:27 AM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck. When I was an assistant manager in 99 we had a "graveyard" of about 100 Pacer/Cats dataticket machines (the ones that still actually worked) from the whole circuit that were being held on to in case they could be sold. Before I got my own place in 2001, we finally ended up just throwing them in the dumpster because there were no buyers for such an out of date system. *shrug*

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-13-2002 01:30 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, that is exactly what we did with our old ones. We simply threw them away.

Most of our problems were power supply failures, and Pacer wanted over 600 bucks to replace 2-dollar bridge rectifier that I could do on my booth desk.

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-13-2002 11:02 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
System Operating Solutions (SOS)
1-800-434-3098

Usually very nice people (especially Anne)...but if you need a lot of phone support and have frequent hardware issues you will need to take out a bank loan to afford to use Dataticket-II equipment.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-15-2002 09:48 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh Anne... such a nice lady. Is Jada still working there?

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 01:57 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Jada is still there...haven't heard that name in nearly two years.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 07-15-2002 04:32 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 years - heh -- I guess it's been just about that long since I stopped having to deal with that Pacer stuff.

Mike Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2002 10:03 PM      Profile for Mike Fitzgerald   Email Mike Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it looks like I will not be able to sell this unit. SO I will try to make something usable out of it. If anyone has some pacer units you wish to get rid of let me no. I will take them off your hands for free. I am looking for printers and mos units. Here is a chance to et rid of those units that are just taking up space

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-16-2002 12:17 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, have you tried a big hammer?

On the older machines, Pacer used a serial printer with a proproirity (sp) chip, which seemed to render the printer useless on anything else. At least, I never could make them work on anything.

Of course, serial printers were worthless, anyway.

ooooOOOOOOoooooo! My 1940th post. That was the year I was hatched.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-11-2005 10:50 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1244 days since the last post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: