Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » WTB: New seats - classic design

Author Topic: WTB: New seats - classic design
Jan Eberholst Olsen
Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2019 09:21 AM      Profile for Jan Eberholst Olsen   Author's Homepage   Email Jan Eberholst Olsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I am currently building a small private cinema museum. I would like to buy brand new cinema seats in a classic design. Looking for 1940s, 1950s or 1960s look with high quality of comfort. Preferably with love seats available (4 love seats and 3 rows of 6 or 7 chairs would be ideal for my purpose). I have found one chair (Circo from Ezcaray), but looking for other suppliers as well. Any leads greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-10-2019 11:57 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Irwin makes a few different types:

Irwin seating

I can't comment on quality or pricing, but the designs are appealing. There are a few other big seating companies that probably offer something, too.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-10-2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buying JUST a few chairs can actually be very difficult. No seat manufacturer is going to be interested in a small order like that unless they happen to be sitting around playing tiddly winks. I have had customers try to order small numbers of seats in the past and it was met with much frustration. You may either have to add your order on to some one elses order, or settle for demo seats they might have laying round from past trade shows. Its actually easier to equip a ten screen cinema with new seating than it is to buy just a dozen seats.

You could try a Home Theater seating company like Fortress Seating or similar company though. Here in the US, Greystone makes the best theater seating (by customer choice). They are now called First Class Seating.

http://www.fortresseating.com/history

http://www.firstclassseating.com/

Mark

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-10-2019 01:37 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jan Eberholst Olsen
I am currently building a small private cinema museum. I would like to buy brand new cinema seats in a classic design. Looking for 1940s, 1950s or 1960s look with high quality of comfort. Preferably with love seats available (4 love seats and 3 rows of 6 or 7 chairs would be ideal for my purpose). I have found one chair (Circo from Ezcaray), but looking for other suppliers as well. Any leads greatly appreciated.
What about looking on eBay? There are many offers of modern and classic cinema seats available in Europe and especially in Germany.

Helmut Maripuu
Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2019 02:08 PM      Profile for Helmut Maripuu   Email Helmut Maripuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can ask your local cinema director if he has several slightly defective chairs lying behind the stage.
Maybe he knows which cinemas will get new chairs. Maybe some cinema should change to more modern chairs.

Jan Eberholst Olsen
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2019 09:34 AM      Profile for Jan Eberholst Olsen   Author's Homepage   Email Jan Eberholst Olsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your suggestions. I am looking for brand new seats with a classic design similar to the one from Ezcaray. The ones used in multiplexes the past decade are too modern. No plastic, no cup holders, the back should be made of fabric - nice red velvet.

Helmut Maripuu
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2019 02:34 PM      Profile for Helmut Maripuu   Email Helmut Maripuu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can call Sf cinema and see what happened to the chairs when Sf took over and closed down Sandrew's cinemas in Sweden. Chairs from the first rows should be in perfect condition.

Or. email your question to us at info (at) svenskio.se.

info@videvox.se
https://www.videvox.se/stolar/biograffatoeljer.

Or you can contact https://biografmuseet.se/ Säter

Or.https://byggkatalogen.byggtjanst.se/foretag/ilmo-teater-horsals-och-biografstolar/3721

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2019 02:39 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps a refurbishing business could get what you want.

http://americanofficeservices.com/seating-restoration-electrostatic-painting-gallery

Our seats were completely restored and updated in 2003.

Good luck in your search for "new old stock". Our seats are from 1927 and 1950. End stands for the 1950 seats were recast to match the 1927 balcony seating.

KEN

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: