Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » RUNNING THREAD-The history of Film-Tech (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: RUNNING THREAD-The history of Film-Tech
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-11-2000 01:16 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone familiar with the running thread idea? Someone starts a thread and stops mid-sentence. The next person picks up in mid-sentence where the first post left off and runs another sentence or two and stops in mid-sentence. The idea is to leave your current additions's direction wide open for the next guy. After awhile, these can get pretty funny as they drift farther and farther from reality. I'll even be a sport and start this one off with me as the subject for all to have a field day with. Have fun.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...okay so it was in this galaxy and almost 2 years ago, there was a guy by the name of Brad Miller who was bored one day and was wondering "how do people make web sites?" He flipped open his laptop and connected to his crappy AOL service and did a search for...

|  IP: Logged

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2000 03:08 AM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and did a search for...

THE SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM!!!!

After realizing that the gals only liked people who didn't drive Chevrolet products, he wisely refined his search to film exhibition issues.

He designed a sight where film types could get together and bitch at each other to the point where they all realized that they were after the same end result.

The people who manufactured the film stock got to talk with the people who trashed (um, projected) it everyday.

The people who had sound systems issues got to talk with the people who actually built them.

Even more than that, new guys got to talk to folks who had been showing movies for years. They learned a lot.

Most importantly (political correctness) we learned that nine out of ten Americans prefer the Nintendo 64 over the Play Station!

Brad looked upon creation and said "This is good".

But he still wasn't happy, so he..........

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2000 03:11 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...searched for "Large-Breasted Midgets with Donkeys." He found several sites and entertained himself for the rest of the day. When his bottle of 'Film' lubricant ran out, he went to bed. The next day he did a search on creating web sites. He found...

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2000 04:17 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... though that the lubricant caused a terrible rash in his joy department, and spent the remainer of the day doing medical research on the net to find a cure or relief for his ailment. So the search for creating a website would have to wait. He stumbled upon a site dedicated to creating the ultimate motion lotion and, being the evil bastard he was, decided to contribute some, though not all, of the components of his film preservation fluid to the site in the hopes of spreading his discomfort to all the computer perverts out there who, ironically, happened to be film buff technicians who were stuck in their isolated habitats with nothing else to do. Word caught on quick and a lone projectionist changeover master by the name of Steve Guttag was the first hapless film "handler" to experiment with this newest attempt at the ultimate pleasure lube. He was horrified to discover that...

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-11-2000 04:50 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this made manual changeovers obsolete! He simply could not believe it. A simple rub rub rub of the mighty ointment turned his second machine into a sparkling new Kinoton platter. No amount of fluid removal ointment could bring back his prescious second machine. What had he done? What would become of poor Steve? What's more...he found that (apart from making him an instant hit with the chicks due to the ointment's musky-man-scent fragrance) it also removed any evidence of changeover cues!

This could not be happening! A quick further search using the www.ineedtodoachangeoverrealbad.com search tool found that any evidence of either of the words 'change' or 'over' had been removed from the search results!

Believing this could only be the work of the crafty-evil-doing-John-Boy-Wilson and his croneys he immediately leapt onto the platter and with a mighty tug...

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2000 02:52 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...he ripped the brain out of it's socket and threw it across the booth smashing it to pieces yelling "N O O O O O O O O ! ! ! !" It was at that point he realized his job at the single screen theatre was being replaced with a machine.

Not willing to allow this to happen, Steve called Gordon on the phone and...

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2000 08:14 AM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....arranged for him to manufacture a device which emitted a stealthy signal that sent all platters within 100 metres out of control. After successfully installing this in the back of a cupboard in his booth and reversing his redundancy, Steve went by the local 30 plex and left one there too. Hoping to show his prowess as a changeover man he approached the head projectionist and.....

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 08-14-2000 10:02 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...offered to participate in a DUEL (aka "Death Match") between 70mm Todd-AO changeovers made on DUAL Norelco DP-70 machines, with a spliced Techniscope feature on a Christie AW-2 platter and Holmes projector. Little did he know that his adversary had just spent a fortune installing a Texas Instruments...

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2000 08:28 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

...digital projection system in an auditorium with a 60 foot screen. The nine-sixteenths-of-an-inch-wide pixels made the feature look like a 1980s video game. Even the Techniscope feature would had more resolution than the digital system. The manager sadly declined the duel, since he didn't have the ability to project 70mm, since modern multiplexes can only project regular 35mm, but little did Steve know that the manager was about to launch his primary weapon against him! He said, "You don't know that my complex has an IMAX theatre upstairs, do you?", and with an evil laugh,led Steve upstairs. .....

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 08-15-2000 06:44 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Into the dark pitch black booth where then all of the sudden BAM! KERPLUNK! DOINK! (Batman Style action) knocks Steve out unconcious with an 35ss Neumade Splicer. 2 Days later Steve is to awake tied down to one of the Gigantic IMAX platters Only to see the face of Brad hovering over talking to the manager. Steve can only slightly over hear what they are saying;

"Do you have the device I requested?" Asked Brad.
"Yes we do, It took pulling some strings but here it is"*evil mad scientist laughter*
"Very well then we shall commense....You should of agreed with me earlier Steve! I was right all along. With this device everyone in the world will finally know that platters are superior and will soon rule the world and then dominate all booths in the world! No more Changeovers as this plan will destroy them all! *evil laughter* Then, with this device I will automate all platters to obey me and everything that I say and command. Then soon I will rule over the world. *more evil mad scientist laughter* and all you can do is lie there and watch as platters will begin to dominate. Then when I am finished you sir, shall be destroyed *suspenseful music*
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You will be stopped! Cried Steve.
"How?" Brad Questioned.
"I dont know?" Replied Steve.

The Igor looking manager begins to laugh as well. "well done master" as his hump in his back moves around to different locations via Young Frankenstein. Together Brad and the Igor like manager drink to a toast of film-guard and then as he pushes the green start button.......

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Michael McGillion
Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2000 08:42 PM      Profile for Michael McGillion   Author's Homepage   Email Michael McGillion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...he hears the fail-safes on another projector drop.
"Oh, shit, hang on a tic" Brad issued his suave statement with the flair only an evil projectionist can eminate. He switched off the platter Steve was strapped to. "I'll be back for yooooou!!!!!" he cried as he ran to the other projector.

With Brad out of the picture, Steve put his devilish plan into action. The movement of the platter in that short time had been enough to generate a giant charge of static electricity in Steve. As Steve uttered a bad one-liner appropriate for a senseless action scene such as this, he pointed his finger at Igor and ZAP (more batman noises) - Igor was thrown against the wall. Steve knew that because of the Film Guard his enemies had consumed his static trick would not work for much longer, so he dropped a copy of The Beatles' "Help" into the non-sync CD player, and looked desperately around the booth to find something to destroy the Platter-o-matic, when suddenly...

Russ Kress
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2000 11:50 PM      Profile for Russ Kress   Author's Homepage   Email Russ Kress   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...who should enter the booth?

It was Ringo Starr!!

"Hello mate! Me chums and I are a bit lost and need directions. Say there, why are you duct taped to that spinning thingie?"...

Rory Burke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2000 03:18 PM      Profile for Rory Burke   Email Rory Burke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad replied...." I'm in training him for the next CBS surviror series show. Its 20 people locked into a deserted projection booth with nothing but......

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-16-2000 03:42 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
...bad Moviephone ads to entertain themselves with and only platters to transport the film", as he lets out an evil laugh.

Just at that moment, the Super Kodak man John Pytlak comes crashing through the ceiling, (Batman style) and falls on...

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2000 07:02 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... top of Ringo Starr's head killing him instantly! The mighty Pytlak's jaw drops. "My god! What have I done!?" Brad merely shrugs as he goes for the switch. John reverts back into superhero mode arms akimbo as he warns Brad, "Don't even think about it!"

"But I must! Guttag must pay for his narrow-mindedness! And pay he shall at the hands of the very thing he hates most!" Then Steve shouts, "Look out!" But John turns around right as Igor, now having recovered from the static electrical shock, strikes John in the face with a flourescent bulb detonating glass all around him and blinding our superhero! John stumbles amidst the bulb remnants hands at his eyes.

Brad smiles his infamous shit eating grin and turns to Steve. "I hope you haven't grown too attached to your limbs, Steven. Oh well. It's been REEL!" Brad laughs his diabolical laugh and reaches for the START button. His finger just inches away. "So long King if the Cues." He depresses the button! But at that exact moment the power to the entire booth shuts down! When only the light fixtures are powered back up, we see standing at the breaker box none other than...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: