Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over' (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-19-2001 05:30 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With apologies to the Republicans on the forum...I found this pretty amusing...
http://www.onion.com/onion3701/bush_nightmare.html

------------------
"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage". Indiana Jones

|  IP: Logged

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 01-19-2001 08:15 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Subject: A moral dilemma  

You are in the Midwest and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and infrastructures destroyed. Let's say that you're a photographer out getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes. You come across George W. Bush who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under. You're about 100 yards away and the light is fading. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question and think carefully before you answer the question below:

What lens would you use?

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-19-2001 01:42 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok....enough politics... let's keep it film related? please?

-AS

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-19-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, I thought Film Yak was the place for "non film" topics and general yaking. At least that's what it says out front.

I decided I don't care who's president. As Dave Letterman said:

"It doesn't matter who's president...the country runs by itself anyway...the last eight years have proved THAT! What we need is someone in there who's ENTERTAINING! Cause you can say what you want about Bill Clinton, we've certainly gotten our money's worth in entertainment, haven't we folks?"

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 01-19-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film related, film related, er....., hmmm.....

OK, how about this:

You're the White House projectionist and the Bush Baby wants to see "Little Nicky" again. You set it up and who walks thru the proj door but W hisself wanting to know how a projector works. You turn on the motor to start to show him and he leans over and gets his tie caught in a sprocket that makes his tie quickly shorter and will start to choke him in 36 frames. Do you stop the projector or look for a camera to take the picture of your life?

Remember, this guy won only one vote last fall. He won the Supreme Court by 5-4.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-19-2001 05:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote from the future: W, as a guest speaker for the Nat'l Association of Theatre Owners:

"Well, it's a real pleasure being here with all you exhibitionists...."

(Bonus points for the film-tech'er who can guess what trailer I stole that line from)

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 01-19-2001 07:23 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NATO ShoWest trailer for
"Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"???

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-20-2001 11:47 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're close...it was a convention trailer, but not for that movie!

If nobody gets it today, I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-20-2001 09:11 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleep well tonight. We have BUSH!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-23-2001 01:15 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the one or two that may be wondering... the trailer referred to in my "exhibitionists" post above was for The Naked Gun, featuring of course Leslie Nielson.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take Bill Clinton's viewpoint on this matter, the viewpoint he expressed on Saturday Night Live that is .

*Clinton voice*"I ask you this: Do we really need a President? I mean, I already fixed all the problems, Gore or Bush are just going to screw it all up."

*Janet Reno (Will Farough (sp?)) bursts into room*"I'm declaring marshall law. Its Reno time."

Er...well it was funny when I watched it .

Matt Gardner
Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2001 12:17 PM      Profile for Matt Gardner   Email Matt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank god.. Finally a real President!!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-29-2001 12:55 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where? Where?

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 10-07-2008 07:34 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2808 days since the last post.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2008 07:34 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta say to the original poster- did you call it or WHAT???

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: