Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Joe's Nose (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Joe's Nose
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2001 12:51 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Background information:

I have known Joe Redifer for the past 6 years.

Sudden Realization:

Damn! Joe Redifer has an ugly nose!

|  IP: Logged

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2001 01:06 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That nose is nice and pink and clear. Its the rest of the face that is is green and fuzzy. Clearly the nose was photographed in 65mm and the rest of the face in digital.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-19-2001 03:02 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even remember when this picture was taken. It was with Brad's old Fuji digital camera, which explains the crappy color. Brad says I was messin' around with it in the booth one day. I'll take his word for it. I think the picture is kind of funny, though it doesn't exactly look like me! Well, maybe a little. But not too much if this is the first time Ian has noticed my nose. I assume it doesn't normally look like that or else he would have said something the first day I met him, knowing Ian. I have a much cooler picture coming very soon, but it, too, will be temporary as I like my original pointing picture the best.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-19-2001 06:54 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
For the archives, I am now going to post the picture currently being discussed, as Joe is sending me a replacement picture.

That picture was taken the first day I had my Fuji camera. I didn't know how to set the controls and was messing around with the manual functions, which explains when Joe started to play with it why the settings were so out of whack. The original picture was incredibly blurry, but PhotoShop did a decent job of sharpening it up and correcting "some" of the color, but those flourescent lights still make him look green. When he took it I have no idea, but that evening as I was downloading the pictures I shot that day there it was in all of it's gory glory.

That picture sure does make your nose look weird though, Joe. I've never noticed it before, so I would have to assume that it was the extreme closeup coupled with the odd angle.

And of course, here is Joe's classic "I want YOU" recruiting pic.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-19-2001 07:48 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Joe" is it true that you once sneezed in Denver and wound up in Miami? With a nose like that it is no wonder Dwayne and Brad went to live in Texas.

Have you considered surgery? I am pretty good with a knife. I could help you.

I am so happy you have deceided to take Paul's advice and give us the finger again.

Just be sure to keep the finger away from your nose.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-19-2001 10:06 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Maar said....

"Just be sure to keep the finger away from your nose."

Thats gotta be why his nose is so huge.....when he was a little kid he musta....oh well you know.

Mark @ GTS

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-19-2001 12:08 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My nose really is no bigger than anyone elses. The closeup picture just has an odd angle. Makes sense.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-19-2001 12:28 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I didn't know Joe was saying; "I want YOU!" It looks more like; "I'm gonna get YOU!"

Bob Maar

- posted 04-19-2001 12:38 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, He is going to get you with his nose.

Next Day Headline:

"Joe Blows Nose, Denver leveled"
Hundreds Die as Nose Grows and devistates
entire population of Colorado.

Joe is remorsefull, locks himself in Booth
and drinks "Film Guard"

Anyone have an antidote?

Joe Schmidt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2001 01:01 PM      Profile for Joe Schmidt   Email Joe Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The worst is yet to come. I may succeed in taking a picture of myself to accompany my filmtech posts. However, to date, we have seven digital cameras here which don't work any more.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2001 01:08 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe's nose is big because air is free.

This site could not stand the "real me." The servers would shut down, not to mention most of the internet.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-19-2001 03:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK ENOUGH! It was funny at first, but now is starting to become insulting. Let's drop it. Thanks.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-19-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok guys,
Joe now wants us to drop his nose......who's closest to Denver??? If we drop it it might get longer, become skinnier, or turn into some other shape. Didn't someone's nose get run over by a steam roller in a Mel Brooks movie once?? Stay away from road construction around Denver Joe.....
Mark @ GTS

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2001 04:35 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I like Joe's new picture, which emphasises the nose and the fingers sticking out of the edge. It reminds us that all images don't have to appear as dull old rectangles.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Info Site

Bob Maar

- posted 04-19-2001 06:14 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember Lee Marvin in "Cat Ballou" Maybe we should give him "Joe's Nose" What do you think?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: