Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Buying the Cow

Author Topic: Buying the Cow
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2001 10:31 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Random thoughts: Does anyone know what happenend to "Buying the Cow"? We had a trailer for it about a year ago on one film, and I haven't heard or seen anything about it since. Did it go straight to video? Was it a limited release that perhaps my theatre never got? Anything else?

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 09-30-2001 10:54 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I had heard was its distributor, Destination Films went belly-up in late 2000, orphaning any releases it had upcoming, unless another studio picks them up, or they go straight to video. After all this was the studio that brought us such 'blockbusters' as BATS, WHIPPED(I think), DROWNING MONA, and THOMAS & THE MAGIC RAILROAD (the payroll for the cast of the latter two is probably what sunk 'em)...

-Aaron

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To come to think of it, I think it was Whipped that we had the trailer on. I hated Whipped, but I loved the trailer for Buying the Cow, and really wanted to see the movie. So did it go to video?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 09-30-2001 11:45 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a little off the subject, but I can now give all of you some idea why Washington State does not have the best scholastic standing in the United States.

Last week, I was reading in the paper about high school kids not knowing where milk comes from. Many think it comes from the grocery store!!

Almost choked on my coffee when I read that.

Paul

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2001 11:56 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony picked up Buying the Cow and will release it as a Screen Gems title in 2002.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2001 07:54 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2002 11:15 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Buying the Cow goes direct-to-cable next month and is not getting a theatrical release.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2002 10:32 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, i'm going to follow your off topic lead:

I read something once about how this father had to explain to his daughter where beef came from. She was under the impression that Cows "gave" meat just like cows "give" milk.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2002 01:48 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boo-hoo!

------------------
This one time, at Projection Camp, I stuck a xenon bulb....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: