Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Joe's Final Fantasy Mix

Author Topic: Joe's Final Fantasy Mix
Tom Kroening
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2001 06:04 AM      Profile for Tom Kroening   Email Tom Kroening   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Joe, loved the remix, really cracked me up. What software did you use for the background music? Ive been looking into doing a few remixes myself but haven't found the right software yet. For everyone else that has no idea what im talking about check out the final fantasy robomix on remix.overclocked.org.... and while you're there im sure you'll be tempted to sit back and listen to a few tunes from back in the day :P

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-25-2001 06:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaahhh! I can't escape! (J/K) It's amazing to think that any other Film-Techers have even seen that site! Thanks for the comments. I used a program for the Mac called VocalWriter to compose the tune and do the voices. I absolutely refuse to sing/insert my voice into any song whatsoever, so it's better if the computer just does it The bass track was done in a program called Reason and the sound was mixed down in Final Cut Pro, which can handle up to 99 audio tracks.

Tom Kroening
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2001 06:21 AM      Profile for Tom Kroening   Email Tom Kroening   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to be kidding! I love that site! In fact, I check it almost every day. Ever since i found overclocked its hard to go back to vgmusic.com. I have played with reason a little, it seemed a bit easier then others i have looked at. Is it OS X compatible yet? I hate using classic. It also kinda sucks that there isn't a "sound edit 16" like program for X yet... Ive heard of many people using imovie and final cut to do sound editing. Reason will import midi and use its soft synths to make a recording right? QT instruments dont cut it, especially for remixes

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-25-2001 06:07 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anything works with OS X yet. Boot up in OS 9.2 and you'll be fine. Classic is a joke. Yes, Reason can import MIDI files, but it handles them kind of weird. Quicktime instruments are pretty bad. VocalWriter plays MIDIs pretty well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: