Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Golden Globes

Author Topic: Golden Globes
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2002 02:15 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I was just looking at the winners of The Golden Globes. It is pleasing to see that Rachel Griffiths got a gong this year. She is an underrated actress in my humble opinion.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2002 10:48 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Moulin Rouge

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-23-2002 02:18 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Best Picture, Best Director and Best actress...surely there's Oscar nominations there.

Peter...did you see Moulin Rouge won all the above?

Pity Celine Dion wasn't in it though...it could have been her accepting the Golden Globe.

Also on Moulin Rouge...it's coming to Broadway...

LUHRMANN TO BRING MOULIN ROUGE TO BROADWAY -- AFTER LA BOHEME

Moulin Rouge director Baz Luhrmann plans to open a production of La Boheme on Broadway on Dec. 8 and is also working on New York stage versions of Moulin Rouge and his 1992 film Strictly Ballroom, he told today's (Tuesday) New York Post. Speaking of the Puccini opera, Luhrmann remarked, "Opera was like the television of the time, created for everyone to experience, from the simple street sweeper to the King of Naples. So it seems a natural for it to play on Broadway. We're bring it back to its popular roots." He said that he does not expect to hire traditional opera singers for the production. "The idea is to have younger singers so we have something to offer audiences who are perhaps a little frightened of opera," he said.<<

(from showbizdata.com)

>>

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2002 03:35 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like those golden gongs won't add much in box office.

The Royal Tenenbaums and Gosford Park are out of the stadium theater near me as of Friday. It didn't help that last Saturday's turnout got killed by the snowstorm in the Northeast. OTOH that theater picks up Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Miramax? The two gongs it bought mean nothing. Iris isn't opening in NYC suburbs as of this post. Also, Miramax refuses to give In the Bedroom to NY-area indie theaters (like the arthouses in Rocky Hill or Princeton). You want to see In the Bedroom where I live, you have to find a megaplex.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-23-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..."You want to see In the Bedroom where I live, you have to find a megaplex."

That may be true there, but the local art house got it where I am.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2002 08:08 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Moulin did get a few gongs.

I was also interested to see the awards and publicity about "A Beautiful Life". I will make a point of seeing this film when it comes out in Australia.

cheers Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: