Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Time to remake Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Author Topic: Time to remake Breakfast at Tiffany's?
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2002 05:14 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Hi all

In light of the fact that Audrey Toutou has recently been touted as the new Audrey Hepburn, what do readers think of the idea of somebody remaking Breakfast at Tiffanys? Audrey Hepburn is a hard act to follow but I think the timing is right for a remake.

One problem is - who could fill George Peppard's shoes? I rather think Russell Crowe could slot into the role nicely.

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2002 10:00 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, the jackasses in Hollywood do not need any encouragement. Please don't give them any ideas. I wish they would leave well enough alone once in a while, and try to come up with some original ideas. (No ill will intended, Peter. I just hate the constant remakes)

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2002 07:24 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know Joe, I will whole heartedly second that one. The only "remake" (well actually more on the "inspired" by angle) that was worth its weight in polyester was Vanilla Sky IMHO. Oceans Eleven wasn't that bad either. But besides those two, I have never ever ever seen anything that was worth a crap. grrrrrr. I mean ferchristsake, support your local independent film-maker, I have seen more badly shot on beta-cam movies in the last year than hollywood million dollar "blockbusters" have been able to muster since 1999. Dont get me wrong there have been quite a few origional ideas. The has allways been crap released and will allways be crap released. Just dont fubar the classics.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 02-02-2002 10:08 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is one of those film that was right for it's time. To produce a remake would probably require so much script rewriting to "modernize" it, the story would change too much. For example, I don't think "Easy Rider" could be remade today and make the same impact as the orginal. Or, compare "Grand Prix" with "Driven."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: