Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bond,James Bond is 40 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bond,James Bond is 40
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2002 08:11 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those interested in the world of 007 we have just launched our new website http://www.nmpft.org.uk/bond/ to tie in with our new special exhibition which opens the weekend after our Widescreen Weekend. Sorry you guys who are making the trip across in Mid March.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-04-2002 08:15 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He may be 40 now, but let's face it, he's been going through a mid-life crisis ever since he was a toddler...

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 03-04-2002 10:19 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ABC is currently running all the Bond films on consecutive Saturday nights. What a shame that the sound is slightly out of sync with the picture on every one of them so far. Also that they show the original theatrical trailers in letterbox format, but the movie itself is always cropped. Not to mention that the transfers are less than great. Much better transfers are available.

------------------
- dave
Look at this! His chin strap has been cut!

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-05-2002 04:17 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw my first Bond ("You Only Live Twice") in 1973 at age 10. A big thing in those days, as you had to be 16 to see it.

Dick, how about a sneak preview after the curry and beer? Bond himself would have done that! After all, we'll all go back and tell our friends about it and create a buzz.

------------------
Cheers, Thomas
..in70mm - The 70mm Newsletter
www.in70mm.com www.dp70.com www.70mm.dk www.hauerslev.com http://hjem.get2net.dk/in70mm

Owen Shave
Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2002 07:36 PM      Profile for Owen Shave   Email Owen Shave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick, do you recommend getting tickets for this exhibition for April? What kind of demand do you expect> Myself and a few of my colleagues from the filmworks in Manchester (yeah, booo, hiss! ) intend on making the trip over and i'd hate for it to be ticket only on arrival! I've only been over to Bradford once, when there was a Jackie Chan convention thingy day on over there. Can't remember what preview we saw that day.. Mr. Nice Guy? hmm. Wondered if you folks still put on those things.

regards,
Owen

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2002 09:16 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sighted today on www.imdb.com

Do you think this is a bit neurotic?

Although in the past, nude scenes in movies may have been deleted for television, the advent of digital editing has allowed TV networks to cover up the actors, the New York Daily News observed today (Wednesday). Citing before-and-after pictures posted on the Smoking Gun website , TV columnist David Bianculli noted that during last Saturday's telecast of the 1971 PG-rated James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever, black bra bands were placed on actress Lana Wood's back, and her formerly tan panties were colored black to match. "We've done it all the time, particularly with Bond movies," an ABC spokeswoman told Bianculli. "It's certainly not the first time, even though it may be the first time someone noticed."

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2002 02:00 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Owen

If you are going to come at weekends or during school holidays it may be worth booking in advance. Let us know when you are coming across so we can say hello over a lemonade Sorry I can't get you comps for the exhibition.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-07-2002 05:09 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Owen - you could always get David Beckham to give you a lift! (it was your cinema he hired, wasn't it, or am I getting confused in my old age?)

Oops, I forgot, he parked on a double yellow and was towed away. He'll have to take Posh and Brooklyn on the Arriva Trans-Pennine Express!

Melany Lowe
Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 04:03 AM      Profile for Melany Lowe   Email Melany Lowe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not that this has much to do with what you guys are talking about but, I think it's great a kiwi guy is directing that film...You go you good thing you!

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2002 11:04 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's where you can see ABC's censorship of 007 for yourself.

I'm amazed MGM hasn't raised a stink about this given that 007 is their big moneymaker. ABC picked up the 007 movies just in case there was a writers' strike last year. Now ABC is running 007 as a time-filler.

The TV "critics" aren't writing about this because they're crying in their Chivas Regal over the fact Ted Koppel will soon be gone.

FWIW the Reading Cinemas in Manville NJ runs "classic" movie music for non-sync. Last Saturday I was in the auditorium 15 minutes before a show of Big Fat Liar when on came a 007 theme: "Thunderball" by Tom Jones.

Owen Shave
Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2002 08:53 AM      Profile for Owen Shave   Email Owen Shave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heheh. Let me give you the official line. 'Brooklyn Beckham had a fantastic time on the occasion of his birthday, and we were honoured to have hosted the event' blah blah blah. I can't really say much cos it's in my contract, confidentiality and all that. You will note that the story appeared in the paper on the morning of the event, and not *after* it happened ...all in all a decent bit of publicity for the cinema and no mistake.
Dick: if you're still reading this i'll get in touch via e-mail.. i've no idea what the numbers would be but we have 150 ppl working here so you never can tell. I would think maybes 10 of us will make the trip across. Would be nice to have a chat if we come over.

Owen

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-11-2002 02:29 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm sorely tempted to reveal all about my one and only brush with stardom, which was projecting the world premiere of The Land Girls (what a masterpiece - not). There again I'm sure the contract with my former employer included a gagging order until beyond the grave, so I guess I'd better stay on the safe side...

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2002 03:12 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
. . . and now we have the title for his 20th adventure: Die Another Day.

Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2002 06:15 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can visit the James Bond website...
www.jamesbond.com

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2002 07:09 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Bond may be 40, but he will live on

"To Die Another Day"

------------------
"Running through life at 24 frames per second"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: