Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Ian Price spotted in Bradford !! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ian Price spotted in Bradford !!
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 08:59 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WARNING TO UK MEMBERS !! The (IN)Famous has been spotted at The Bradford Widescreen Weekend and is rumoured to be heading to London in the next few hours.
And Brad you are quite right as you wrote "Ian is a very, very large man who could easily pass for a gorilla if only he had more hair and he walked around beating his chest. "
Your guide to spotting Ian was extremely useful.
Great to see you guys from the colonies over here !

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-17-2002 02:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Careful. Ian is also very loud. Don't make him laugh!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-17-2002 03:57 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eee bah gum! Did he survive t'curry?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-17-2002 06:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once you track Ian down again, make him post here on the FT It would be cool if he could have one post FROM England instead of just about it.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-17-2002 06:58 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually it now a matter of public record Ian ordered a pint of tetley's best bitter while in bradford and Dick was so shcoked that he drowned him in it

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 03:01 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gordon

The terms "Tetley's" and "Best" are an oxymoron!!

Joe

Ian left his laptop Stateside so don't think he'll be posting while over here. He was in and out in a matter of 6 hours "If it's Sunday afternoon it must be Bradford" syndrome

Leo

Ian and his girlfriend left me just as we were getting ready for the 70mm screening of " Where Eagles Dare" but was last seen heading to Omar Khan's , the restaurant of choice for discerning Film Techers !!

I hope he got a good curry , 4 1/2 hours on the Sunday crawler from Bradford to Kings Cross can seem like a lifetime if you had a dodgy vindaloo

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-18-2002 03:25 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I suppose that question should have been, 'Did Ian survive GNER?'. 4 1/2 hours from Bradford to London? What did they do, pop over to York and borrow an old steam loco from the National Railway Museum? Virgin Trains has long been trying to kill its passengers off with deep vein thrombosis - York to Truro takes 11 hours even when the train runs on time - but at a rough calculation I estimate that Bradford train must average around 45mph.

I gather Darren put in an appearance at the Widescreen Weekend too. Sadly (and mainly because of a colleague being on long-term sick leave) I was stuck at home catching up on work...

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 05:38 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I too had the pleasure as well to meet the famous Mr Price.
and it is true he is larger than life!

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 10:17 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rumour would have it that the abovementioned Mr Price will be heading north of the border as part of his trip. Once there he will sample what real beer tastes like, and no doubt a dram or two.

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 11:12 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to add that the weekend seemed to go very well while I was there, and I am told that 'Patton' looked and sounded great.
Well done Dick and all at the Picturville.
Darren

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 05:34 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Leo and y'all from the UK....

During Desert Storm I was deployed to Upperheyford and was billited at the Peartree Roundabout in Oxford. Anyhow, I too am a railroad enthusiast . On one of my days off I went to Didcot RR Museum and was lucky to be able to get my hands dirty. After restoration work on a particualr locomotive was completed for the day the Brits took me across the way to a pub where I enjoyed some of the best bitter! Somehow, I managed to find my way back home, which included rail, bus and walking

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 05:52 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wil, I enjoyed the same (pubs-rail-bus-walk) on a high school rugby trip. You Brits should treasure this (though I know you pay for it). There is virtually no little town or village not connected by rail or bus. I remember well leaving the tour for a couple days to visit my relatives in Cheshire, and then making my way all the way to the west coast of Wales. Each train got smaller and smaller until eventually we were on a self-propelled narrow-gauge car which followed the seaside complete with the odd animal on board. Great memories!

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 07:52 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick,
You wrote,
<I hope he got a good curry , 4 1/2 hours on the Sunday crawler from Bradford to Kings Cross can seem like a lifetime if you had a dodgy vindaloo.>
Now that struck me as a masterful sentence!
I'm tempted, but afraid to ask, "What's a dodgy vindaloo?"
But like an example in the O.E.D., the context seems to explain and
illustrate the meaning in an exemplary way!
Gerard

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-18-2002 08:51 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listen Guy's, Ian's partner Ky just called and asked me to ask if someone were willing to keep over in England. He is willing to send US $ for his upkeep and welfare.

PS If you end up sending him back do NOT send him COLLECT or he won't be accepted.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-19-2002 02:39 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren

thanks for the kind words about the weekend. Sorry we didn't get to meet up.

All told I think things went pretty well with only a few hiccups.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: