Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Star Wars Clones Review

Author Topic: Star Wars Clones Review
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 03:03 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you all aware that Harry Knowles of Ain't it Cool News has seen an advance copy of Star Wars Attack of the Clones on video in a hotel room?

Read Harry's review

Don't read it if you are realy worried about spoilers. But he doesn't reveal too much. What do you think of this kind of scoop? Why do you think George Lucas let this happen?

By the way, I saw Spider Man yesterday. But we were admonished not to talk about it on the Internet. So all you get to know is that I have seen it.

|  IP: Logged

Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 04:09 PM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not convinced that George Lucas "let this happen." There are a lot of things said about George Lucas. Among them is the notion that he's very conservative. If that's true, then why would he risk allowing a complete wildcard like Harry Knowles to see an unfinished version of his upcoming movie? If Harry Knowles had declared the movie to be complete rubbish two months before its release, what good would it have done for Lucas? And even a glowing review is completely unnecessary. It's Star Wars, after all. It'll make at least $300 million just because it's there.

Harry Knowles' entire career depends on the anxious souls who want desperately to get attention by blabbing every rumor, every bit of gossip and every "secret" they know. When we pay such close attention to them we are the "enablers" of the tattle-tale behavior. Is it really a good thing to write a review of a movie based on an early draft of the script before a single frame of film has been exposed?

So... what really happened? I think someone from Lucasfilm really did smuggle a work tape out of the Ranch and really did show it to Harry Knowles. Whoever did it probably has the same geeky giddiness about Star Wars which Harry has, and pinches himself each time he goes to work to make sure he's not just dreaming. Ultimately, they are man-child people who have a 7th grade mentality... something like "I'm better than you because I saw a cool movie and you didn't."

(By the way... thanks, Ian, for stopping short of being superior to us just because you saw Spiderman. For all I know, you are superior to us, but it has nothing to do with Spiderman.)

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 04:51 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Knowles a "complete wildcard"? He's a studio whore and a flip-flop artist. Exposed as such by Film Threat two years ago.

It's incredibe that we Film-Techers are giving credence to some imbecile from Austin who's a puppet for Hollywood.

Search the Film Threat website for "Harry Knowles". There's plenty of juicy stuff about this unethical a$$hole.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-12-2002 07:28 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody heard anything about running time of EP 2 ??

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: