Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » ShoWest 2002 pictures (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ShoWest 2002 pictures
Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-14-2002 07:07 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures Brad....

I noticed in a picture in the Film-Tech gathering collection that you have a picture with Ky off camera....It looks like he is in the picture actually if you look into the mirror. Furthermore his hand is gestering to the camera!

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

|  IP: Logged

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-14-2002 07:59 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see we where included in the first page of pictures. My partner, John posted a paper doll under the Cinemeccanica logo in our booth in response to the Cinemeccanica Genie ( Jack Johnston ) in their booth In the Film Tech Drink photo page it appears that the "shoe gazing disease" has struck Paul Thompson .....actually out of site on the floor was a cooler filled with beer
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-14-2002 08:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny you should say that Richard, for beer was exactly the topic they were discussing as I took that picture.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-14-2002 11:00 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures, indeed.

Did anyone take a video shot of the water show across the street from Bally's? I started to, but the battery went flat before I could do anything.

I don't know what kind of woofers they had in the light standards outside the water show, but they sure sounded excellent!!!!

Bob Cunningham
Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Bob Cunningham   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad, When can we without photo's on file. View your pictures of Showest? Also what type of camera did you use?

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-15-2002 08:18 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sound for the "dancing waters" show comes from triple sided two way speakers mostly mounted in the lamp posts designed by Apogee speakers....a company who usually does hi-end custom studio and club systems.
Richard Fowler

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-15-2002 08:24 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul,

What's that in your hand?

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-15-2002 10:56 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have several locations that use Apogee speakers.

-Aaron

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-17-2002 12:28 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, how are you using them? Surrounds? Stage?

Speaking of speakers.....who made the speakers for Microsoft's little personal stereo used with the PC? I heard one of those units at Costco a few months back....I was impressed by the sound quality of such a little device. If memory serves me correctly, I think the system was somwhere between $100.00 - $150.00

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 04-17-2002 03:06 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are using them as stage speakers, mostly in our smaller houses, and we have a few Apogee subwoofers as well in use behind some of the screens.

-Aaron

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-17-2002 04:35 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just completed a review of all the photo's of Showest. I note with interest the photo of Steve G talking with Tom Mohr at the Kelmar booth. Question is: Does Steve have his hand in Tom's pocket or does Tom have his hand in Steve's pocket? Please advise....

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-18-2002 03:41 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I would like one of those T-Shirts...I would have come over, but itīs an awfully long way to come for a shirt.

------------------
"It's not the years honey, it's the mileage". - Indiana Jones.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-18-2002 04:15 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, John. But it was worth it.

It was a pleasure to meet such a great bunch of people associated with Film-Tech. All who I have met were true professionals.

In 2004, I will haul Josh Jones to Sho-West. Many of those who I met asked me why I didn't bring him this time, but his schedule did not permit that to happen.

Josh will be there in 2004, and I am certain he will then have a memory that he will never forget.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-18-2002 05:08 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Marr said,
"Does Steve have his hand in Tom's pocket or does Tom have his hand in Steve's pocket? Please advise....

Bob, You will notice in the picture that I kept my distance from Steve as I also noticed him over there at the Kelmar booth and I was also confused on that same issue. Also in the picture of Steve and I you'll notice that one his Rockports is on display atop the small pedestal along side of the DP75E. Is it that he considers them the Kinoton of shoes?
Mark @ GTS

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-19-2002 12:44 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
that is a remote control "shoe" option from Kinoton.
Richard Fowler

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: