Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The adjective "Smurfy"

Author Topic: The adjective "Smurfy"
Michael Rourke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2002 03:20 AM      Profile for Michael Rourke   Email Michael Rourke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It occured to me that there are a lot of Aussies, European, Latin and African members of Film-Tech and I remembered a funny thing we did in Civics class in high school. We had a foreign exchange student from Japan named Masao in that class and it being private school the teacher was a biscuit older than me so we talked him into using the adjective "Smurfy" all through his lecture while casually looking back to see Masao thumb through his dictionary and furrowing his brow.
I thought since the Aussies, Europeans, Latinos and Africans use their vernacular on this site and make us raise an eyebrow, we should use obscure cartoon jargon as a backlash.

Don't forget there are derivatives of "Smurfy" such as: Smurftastic, Smurfalicious, Smurfsonic, Smurfapalooza, and Smurfation.

|  IP: Logged

Craig Hanham
Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2002 08:18 PM      Profile for Craig Hanham   Email Craig Hanham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tena Koe
Ahh how smufry.
Sorry to burst your bubble but werent smurfs fairly widespread in the english speaking world.
If you want obscure vernacular I'm sure we can all try hard.

Bugga can't think of any off hand.
Later cobba.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2002 12:13 AM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Japaneese roomate in college who went out drinking one night at the local bars. Apparantly someone at the bar told him that he was "f***ed up" and he never learned the word "drunk".

"Hiro, whats wrong? Are you drunk?"
"No, I'mahh f***ed up"
The laughs never end. That kid was a riot.

-Adam.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2002 02:16 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Vietnamese lady worked at the meatworks.
Every one told her that the "kiwi" way to greet people was "How the fuck are ya"

She opened up a fish & chip shop and continued this for about a week till some one took pity on her

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2002 03:44 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't there a Smurfs movie? Or was that made-for-TV?

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2002 07:08 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God I hope there wasn't.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: