Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Spider-man Friday box office gross estimates... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Spider-man Friday box office gross estimates...
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-04-2002 01:46 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spider-Man grossed a whopping $41.4 million on Friday, according to estimates. That's by far the biggest day ever in Hollywood history, shattering Harry Potter's $32.3 million opening day record and Potter's $33.5 million single day record.

Spidey is now on course to top Potter's $90.3 million to have the biggest opening weekend ever, likely becoming the first movie to top $100 million in a single weekend.

Stay tuned for more updates...

Spidey's daily, weekend, international box office stats and more are being tracked at: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/marvel/spiderman.htm

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-05-2002 12:29 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this movie will fly. The kids like it.

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 12:35 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Paul, have only heard good comments from people who are exiting the auditorium.

------------------
Adam Fraser
www.pinestheatre.com

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 12:42 AM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree - I'm looking forward to the sequil already. The one without the green goblin.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 05-05-2002 01:20 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to make it three Adams in a row.

We have been particularly busy, with many shows (of five Spidey auditoriums) selling out.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 02:38 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We recieved 5 prints of spiderman and have been running 3 of them interlocked for every show since friday night. thats 8 Screens!!! I wonder how "that space movie" id going to do compared to this. Gentlemen I believe that Cinema may be back!!!

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 10:51 AM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday's Box office numbers for Spider-Man:

$46.512M

2 Day total: $87.91M

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 11:01 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Spidey

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 12:49 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wondering how many tons of popcorn and litres of Coke that adds up to.

This is a great chance to show people who have not been to a movie in awhile that Film Done Right really is your best entertainment value.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 04:51 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 prints, none interlocked.
15 shows a day, 13 sold out Sat.
Yeah, Spiderman caught MANY, MANY people in his web this wknd.

------------------
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 05:32 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Weekend estimate per Box Office Mojo: $114 million.

"It's a newwwwwww worlllllld recorrrrrrd!"

Ironically, the AMC Hamilton in New Jersey had trouble selling out Spiderman yesterday even though the shows were packed. (4 giant-size auditoriums plus 1 large auditorium).

I don't see Star Wars Episode 2 breaking this record. Lucasfilm wants too much from theaters -- and Loews won't run Episode 2 in Manhattan.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-05-2002 06:32 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I suppose that even if the boffo box-office holds up for the next 2 weeks, that space movie will still knock Spidey off the best screens when it opens. Bah.

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2002 03:09 AM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see Ep II doing close to this much damage because of the booking terms. All 3 of our Spideys are in our largest auditoriums (all 3 of which hold 260+), and will stay there for probably a month. Ep II, however, is going in to our lesser theatres (2 of which hold 120 each, the other 2 hold 220 each). This, of course, is due to the 3 month hold agreement, where we can't move a print to any other theatre for said 3 months. Lucas is just kicking himself in the ass with these stupid terms, and hopefully he will learn in time for Ep III, but we all know he won't.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2002 04:15 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucas won't drop the stupid exhibitation agreements. I heard ( on this site I believe ) that no one will be able to run Episode III unless they had DLP.

Is it true that he's not letting anyone run Episode II interlocked?

The problem is the Star Wars series' makes a boatload of cash for everybody involved so they have to abide by his shitty rules.

Money Talks.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-06-2002 04:21 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The difference here is that Spiderman needed the big first-weekend gross in order to ensure its long-term success. If the film had sucked (which presumably it doesn't), people would have completely forgotten about it by May 16. Star Wars doesn't have this problem and a very large set of people will see it regardless of its quality (with repeat business being the only issue).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: