Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Magnolia Theatre

Author Topic: Magnolia Theatre
Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 01:01 AM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad & Joe, thanks for the Magnolia theater pictures, the company I work for did that install, I was suppose to but I was tied up in Japan with a new 10-plex install, so one of our techs did the install, I been there several time since the opening to repair minor things, I thought the picture & sound was great, used equipment but looked & sounded good, it was a real treat to see our work on the web site, thanks for the pictures....

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-05-2002 05:06 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That equipment was used? Look really good to me while I was there. I'd have to say that was the best equipped art house I have ever seen, or probably ever will. Well, who knows what the future holds?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-05-2002 06:25 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed, Strong did a very nice job in refurbishing those machines. They ran excellent. The Magnolia's choice of using CP650s in all auditoriums was a VERY smart thing to do, especially since it is an art house and few art films have dts or sdds tracks on them. Although the video did not show the lobby and theater, I did take pictures of the place with my still camera and those will appear at some point or another in the warehouse. (However much or little time it takes, it will of course not be quick enough for Ian. )

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2002 01:13 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no Brad, it's only been 7 weeks since I sent you those pictures from the Wide Screen Weekend in Bradford England. Take your time. I wouldn't want you to feel rushed or anything.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-05-2002 05:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, remind me in another 7. I'll work on other things in the meantime.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2002 04:36 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK only 7 weeks Eh? Big Me (Ian). I call him that since Brad said I was a Mini Ian when he was at my theatre in November. I sent Brad a whole slew of pictures from Cine 6 in Corpus the week it closed over 4 months ago. He has not posted them Either.... I am sure he will get to it when He gets to it.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2002 02:34 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I installed slide projectors in the (Then Silver) Corpus 6. It was 117 degrees that day. I waited till 8:00 PM to drive out to the island and go swimming. There were a couple of hundred other people, that day on the beach with the same idea.

I remember the Corpus 6 as being the second nicest theatre I visited for Silver. There was a relatively new 10-plex in El Paso that was as nice. But I got the impression that the Manager and her Old Projectionist really cared for the place. Most of the Silver properties were very messed up with major problems. I remember the Corpus 6 as being clean, cool and well maintained. It's a shame it's closed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: