Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dr. Demento...IS IN!

Author Topic: Dr. Demento...IS IN!
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2002 04:12 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our good ole Doc put on a live show at the University of AZ last night!

He had a brand new skit about E.P.II and an "older" one about E.P.I

He also played a lot of good stuff that the F.C.C. just won't allow him to broadcast!

Tributes to Film-Techers included one for the Canadians...ahem...Gord....Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" as well Bob Maar's theme song about his FAVORITE SUBJECT...ya, thats right....the ever popular "FISH HEADS"!

Another goodie was a parody of Charlie Daniels "The Devel Went Down To Georgia"...retitled as "The Devel Went Down To Jamaca." I don't know, but this song could definately teach Cheech and Chong a little something about.....REEFERS! !

Of course there was the Weird Al goodies along w/Spike Jones and a bunch of other good stuff!

After the concert, the good Doc shot the shit with the audience and signed everyones autograph...

WHAT A FUN NIGHT!

|  IP: Logged

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2002 09:52 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, love the Doc. For years (from age 10-14 maybe), I used to listen with headphones so my parents wouldn't catch me picking it up on FM from Rochester NY. (Damn WMJQ, they took it off and I think went country without notice one day, shades of WKRP!) I was only worried about them catching me awake after bedtime for Dr. Demento. However, Doctor Ruth came on after from about 11pm till 1, and I SURE didn't want them to catch me listening to that! Glad I did though. I remember dad's "bird's and bees" speech: "Well son, yer, ah, gettin' to the age where you're dating girls now, and, ah, well, just be careful." (puts hand on my shoulder and nods and makes the kind of eye contact that means PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO ON). "OK Dad" was all I said and let him off the hook........

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: