Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movie tunes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Movie tunes
Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2002 11:12 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know if movietunes is piped into theatres via network or satelite or is it like on a CD?
If it is on a CD is is possible to get a copy?
I think I know the answer but I thought I would ask just the same.
Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2002 11:36 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it s on a cd got a couple of numbers 1-800-screen-1 and 818-508-5588
(which is printed on the disk) www.ncninc.com there is a review of movie tunes in the review section. i delt with moviw tunes for 8 years now and all i can say it sucks. also i belive this was cover in the forums also at some point.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-29-2002 11:42 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the guy who wrote the review. Basically Kyle said everything that needs to be said about Movie Tunes: it sucks.

It comes as either a CD or CD-R depending on the theatre or chain. Some of the CD-Rs won't play in a standard CD player because whoever burned them forgot to "finalize" (i.e. write the table of contents to) the disks. Oops.

The disks themselves say "promotional use only/not for sale", but you could probably find a friendly theatre employee who would be happy to dispose of last month's disks. NCN doesn't require that they be returned.

(I won't even ask _why_ someone would want a Movie Tunes CD....)

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2002 01:23 AM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only time ( about 5 years ago) i could handle listen to it was when we bought a 25 disk changer and put in on shuffle. i dont think we was allowed to do that because the disk had play dates on them. oh well we said. it get pretty old to here the same old songs over and over.

Tal Schwartz
Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2002 01:17 AM      Profile for Tal Schwartz   Email Tal Schwartz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we actually had an irate customer come storming out of a theater today demanding to see a manager. considering the manager was standing next to me, i overheard their conversation. she started off by asking what music it was that we were playing, and then before my manager succeded in responding she immediately pointed out that it sucks (which anyone who's listened to NCN can attest to) and demanded (DEMANDED) that we change it. although she was a little bare on ideas of what we should change it to. we finally got the point across to her that we had no hand in it, and she stormed off back up the stairs to her theater.... now if the music was that horrible, why didn't she just go and do something else for the 15 minutes left till the movie was scheduled to start? sometimes i really do think customers are a curse more than a blessing

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2002 12:36 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"In country music, you just cant say the F word."

Gotta love movietunes!

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-28-2005 07:39 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1307 days since the last post.

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2005 07:39 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allow me to bitch slap this topic to the top of the list. On the current Movie Tunes disc, there is a song that I believe is titled "Popular." Does anyone know where it is from? It sounds like it might be from a musical.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2005 07:48 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it is from the Broadway show WICKED.

Seems like that is always on when I go into a Movietunes theatre!

Someone is really promoting that show as I've also seen it as part of the AMC pre-show.

Edit: Matthew, let's call it a tie!

[ 12-28-2005, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Mark Lensenmayer ]

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2005 07:48 PM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I'm not privy to movietunes cd's, I believe the song Popular is from the musical, Wicked. (And a mighty fine show it is.)

Edit: Aw, Mark, ya beat me to it!

Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2005 08:28 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think that song, Glenda's song and the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels one has been on for the last 4 months or so.

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-28-2005 10:30 PM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

As always I'm still looking for movie tunes disks if anyone has any laying around. Copies are also fine :-).

Thanks,
cody

Robert Burtcher
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2006 04:47 AM      Profile for Robert Burtcher   Email Robert Burtcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Paul Konen
Yeah, I think that song, Glenda's song and the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels one has been on for the last 4 months or so.
Yes, the songs "Popular" and "Defying Gravity", from Wicked, and "Here I Am", from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, have been playing on the MovieTunes flights for the past 3 months, and are still playing.

As for MovieTunes, they seem to have moved to a more professional pressed and screen-printed disc instead of CD-Rs. At least, that is what the generic non-branded disc that we get looks like.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-23-2006 01:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movie Tunes has hit a new level of suckiness. This month's disk features Rodney Dangerfield "singing" the classic tune "Strangers in the Night" accompanied by a kool new hip-hop beat and processed vocals. This is followed shortly by the Captain and Tennille "Love will Keep Us Together" and Tony Orlando & Dawn singing "Cupid." ...uh-oh, can't type any more must go and [puke]

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 01-23-2006 05:31 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Movie Tunes has hit a new level of suckiness.
And just when I thought that wasn't possible.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: