Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bourne Identity Soundtrack

Author Topic: Bourne Identity Soundtrack
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2002 11:13 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know who did the song played at the closing credits of this movie? CDNow does not have any credits for the soundtrack. The song sounded a lot like the song played at the end of The X-Files movie.

|  IP: Logged

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2002 01:38 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The song at the end of the X-Files Movie was called " Teotihuacan " by Noel Gallagher.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2002 02:00 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. I have the CD. Has this person (he? she?) done anything else? I love that song, and I want more. A search for Noel Gallagher on CDNow turned up no results.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2002 03:08 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noel Ghallager was (is still?) part of Oasis.
He and his brother Liam both did vocals, but i think Liam did most of them.
If youre not familiar with Oasis, they are a britpop band that was popular from the mid to late 90s and their music is nothing like that track Noel did for The X Files.
He also provided vocals for two Chemical Brothers songs.
The first was Setting Sun from Dig your Own Hole.
The other was Let forever Be from Surrender.
Other than that he played guitar for a few artists works and produced some stuff.
For more, CLICK ON THE BLUE LETTERS

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2002 07:42 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any of their albums, but I am most definitely familiar with Oasis from the radio. I just didn't know any of their names. Yeah, I agree that the song from The X-Files sounds nothing like Oasis. I did a search for Noel Gallagher on the Web shortly before James posted, and was surprised to find that he was part of Oasis. I wish he did more solo stuff like that. That song kicked ass!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-22-2002 08:04 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW...The Bourne Identity is, thus far, the BEST mix I've heard this year...surpassing Gary Rydstrom's EP:2. It is very well done (and the movie is good too).

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2002 09:06 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, after reading the songs in the ending credits, the song is called " Extreme Ways " by Moby.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2002 10:16 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll buy that. Certainly sounds like his voice. I just wouldn't have thought by the music it was him.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2002 10:18 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew the first song in the credits was the Moby song.
I just thought that there was another song after it and that that one might have been the Noel Gallagher song.
I just forgot to mention the Moby song in my original post.
The oby song is also on his new album "18" which coincidentally sounds just a lot if not just like his last album "Play" which is dissapointing to me because he has never made two albums that sound the same.
Until this point they have all been different.
But thats a whole different discussion.
Ken, if you like that Moby song in the credits, I suggest you check out Play as well as Moby's other stuff if you have not already done so.
Moby kicks much ass.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: